Railway Communications System Manager
Rail way Communications System Manager is requested for the Project System Engineering activities developed within the Railway Communications Engineering group in Siemens Rail Automation.
Tasks developed as Railway Communications System Manager:
- Management of a large portfolio of rail communications projects, being able to produce effective program planning and resource allocation.
- Tracking of project progress to assure fulfillment of milestones during the project life-cycle.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to an heterogeneous group of System Engineers working in different projects and disciplines.
- Management and traceability of requirements along the system life cycle.
- Attending regular meetings for interfacing with third parties (external departments, partner companies, customers, etc).
It is a profile of a horizontal nature, where demonstrable technical skills and expertise in several of the following technologies and areas of knowledge would be valuable:
- Fixed Communication networks (Gigabit Ethernet, SDH, IP/MPLS, etc.).
- Communication based on TCP/IP, industrial control (OPC, etc).
- Development and deployment of Radio-communication Systems in various technologies (TETRA, WiFi, GSMR, LTE,…)
- Experience on ‘Security’-like systems application level. Video-monitoring/Closed-Circuit TeleVision (CCTV), Passenger Information System (PIS) Passenger Announcement and Voice Alarm (PAVA), etc. Experience on this type of systems in the context of railway platforms in trackside installations and rolling stock will be valuable.
- Experience on ‘Safety’-like system application level in rail enviornments: Signalling.
- Management of requirements and Systems Engineering (tools like DOORS, Reqtify or similar).
- Implementation and supervision of RAMS requirements during system and project development.
- Project planning, resource allocation and project progress tracking using industry standard tools like MS Project, Oracle Primavera, etc.
It is important that candidate can offer:
-travelling abroad, and within the country for more or less extensive stays depending on the needs of the particular project (about 20% of total working time).
- Availability to negotiate an expatriation to other country (conditions to be negotiated)
- Good level in oral and written English.
- Good communicating and integrating skills, both oral and written. The systems object of the activity in this position are developed in the context of large railway infrastructures, international and heterogeneous environments, both from human and technical perspectives.
La Diversidad en Siemens es nuestra fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía.
Job ID: 86159
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time