Railway Communications Bid Engineer
Rail Communications Bid Engineer is requested for the Project System Engineering activities developed within the Railway Communications Engineering group in Siemens Rail Automation.
Tasks developed as Railway Communications Bid Engineer:
- Analysis of tender and bid specifications provided by customers in the context of Railway Infrastructure Projects.
- Development of Bid Technical Specifications and related documents.
- Creation of Bill of Materials and cost calculation.
- System Integration of rail communications with third party systems (Signalling, On-board and wayside systems, SCADA, etc.).
- Management and traceability of system requirements.
- Attending regular meetings for interfacing with third parties (suppliers, internal departments, partner companies, etc)
- Hand-over of bid technical assets (scope, specifications, requirements…) to engineering groups during the project phase.
It is a profile of a horizontal nature, where demonstrable technical skills and expertise in several of the following technologies and areas of knowledge would be valuable:
- IT Systems (servers, high availability IT architectures and clustering, databases, SAN storage, NAS, etc.).
- Desktop and server platforms based on Windows and UNIX/Linux.
- Fixed Communication networks (Gigabit Ethernet, SDH, IP/MPLS, etc.).
- Communication based on TCP/IP and industrial controls (OPC, etc).
- ‘Security’-like systems application level. Video-monitoring/Closed-Circuit TeleVision (CCTV), Passenger Information System (PIS) Passenger Announcement and Voice Alarm (PAVA), etc. Experience on this type of systems in the context of railway platforms in trackside installations and rolling stock will be valuable.
- Management of requirements and Systems Engineering (tools like DOORS, Reqtify or similar).
- Evaluation of RAMS requirements and its applicability to rail communications systems.
- Specific knowledge at ‘Safety’-like system application level in rail environments: Signalling.
It is important that candidate can offer:
-travelling abroad, and within the country for more or less extensive stays depending on the needs of the particular on-going bids (about 30% of total working time).
- Good level in oral and written English.
- Good communicating and integrating skills, both oral and written. The systems object of the activity in this position are developed in the context of large railway infrastructures, international and heterogeneous environments, both from human and technical perspectives.
La Diversidad en Siemens es nuestra fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía.
Job ID: 86160
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time