Design Engineer - Primary
Responsible for providing primary designs, solutions and technical input to contracts and all areas within the employee’s business area. Delivering departmental work packages on time and to budget.
· To deliver a high quality Primary design includes preparing layout and sections, preparing purchase specifications and reviewing suppliers offer, preparing loading data, reviewing and comment suppliers drgawins etc.HVAC substations.
· Should be well conversant on AutoCAD
· Responsible for co-ordination with the client, civil, project management and other interfaces, this will be as agreed with own team leader.
· Monitoring of the engineering delivery progress as per the engineering programme of the project, escalating issues as and when required to the team leader.
· As agreed with the team leader to ensure design risk assessments/HAZID’s are in place for all design solutions and residual risk’s are passed on to the H&S file.
· To help and agree with the team leader for maintaining consistency in design.
· To support the team leader and work on the departmental improvement issues.
· Actively involve in standardisation of onshore primary design as agreed with own team leader
· Actively involve & promote Top+ business improvement programme within the team
· Takes ownership and accountability for area of responsibility. Makes a positive contribution to the team, department. Sets own goals and clarifies expectations with the team leader. Invests time to help and facilitate the work of others as and when required. Responds to the ideas, concerns and needs of the team. Demonstrates interest in professional development to maximize own potential.
· Maintaining consistency of design on each contract by adherence to processes and procedures.
· Works collaboratively with all engineering departments and project managers within Siemens ET.
· Commitment to Siemens Think Customer initiative including excellent call handling and voice mail skills.
· Continuous reviewing of engineering processes and procedures to improve and recommend changes.
· Degree Qualified in Electrical Engineering.
· Experience within the HV substation business
· Good knowledge of design experience within the HV substation business
· Fully conversant with the latest T& D standards
· Fully conversant with Health and safety standards including CDM regulations applicable to the design of HV substation
· Should be well conversant in Auto CAD
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation
Job ID: 86223
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time