Consortium EMC and Earthing & Bonding Engineer - Riyadh Metro Project
The Consortium EMC and Earthing & Bonding Engineer is responsible for coordinating the integration of the System Partner and Subsystem specific earthing and bonding (E&B) and EMC measures including monitoring and reporting of performance against the Overall System earthing and bonding requirements. This position will be responsible to the Consortium EMC and Earthing & Bonding Manager for ensuring that the System Partner and Subsystem specific E&B and EMC measures are integrated in an efficient and cost effective way to achieve the required level of electrical safety and an acceptable level of EMC.
What are my responsibilities?
- Support as required by the Consortium EMC and Earthing & Bonding Management concerning the clarification of EMC and E&B related issues at interfaces to Others / third parties
- Support as required by the Consortium EMC and Earthing & Bonding Management concerning the clarification of EMC and E&B related issues at interfaces between the Subsystems
- Support to the integration of the Subsystem E&B and EMC activities
- Give E&B and EMC related advice to Subsystem designers and site checkers / site supervisors / site quality control (QC)
- Perform or participate in design reviews of E&B designs which are fundamental to the integration of the Subsystem specific E&B and EMC measures
- Perform and coordinate spot checks on the QC documentation / Quality Surveillance reports relating to E&B and EMC measures implemented during the construction and installation phase of the project
- Perform or coordinate spot checks of installed E&B and EMC measures
- Perform or coordinate random tests on installed E&B and EMC measures
- Document the spot checks carried out
- Follow up and close open issues that arise from the spot checks performed
- Advise Subsystems on the subject of documenting the implemented E&B and EMC measures in order to produce the evidence necessary for the Overall System EMC conformity declaration
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree in engineering, preferably in electrical engineering or electrical power engineering
- Extensive professional experience in rail transport systems, ideally in the systems business, with the focus on electrical networks or electrical systems
- Specialist knowledge in the areas of grounding, lightning protection, stray-current corrosion, fault analysis, electrical safety and measurements in electrical systems
- Independent and structured approach to work
- High level of customer and quality orientation together with strong abilities in consulting and implementation
- Excellent communication abilities combined with strong interpersonal skills
- Project experience in the context of international customer or development projects desirable
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 86369
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time