Fire Service Engineer
Siemens Building Technologies are recruiting a Fire Systems Service Engineer. Ideally located in and around Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire and the Midlands; travel to other operating regions may be required.
Change the future with us.
Pivotal to your role as a Service Engineer will be to work closely with other service engineers on-site or remotely, to ensure staff can efficiently and effectively address client and company needs, whilst stimulating their own development and motivation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Service and maintain fire alarm systems in line with BS5839 standards, identifying any defects and production of site paperwork.
- Have the ability to fault find on both conventional and addressable fire alarm systems.
- Be part of an out of hours call out Rota to deal with fault calls.
- Have a H&S first approach ensuring you work to site specific RAMs and making improvements where required.
- Being able to install and commission fire alarm systems will be an advantage.
- Have a positive attitude and good work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus.
As the Fire Service Engineer you will bring with you proven industry experience in the servicing and maintenance fire alarm systems. You will be a technical Engineer with a proven record in fault finding.
- Strong organizational skills; able to priorities workloads, including the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Be self-motivated with good analytical skills. Possessing a good level of commercial awareness and customer focus.
- A key part of the role will be the engagement with our customers and therefore we require experience of working directly with customers.
- Ability to lead and motivate others will be part of the role.
- Working with a wide range of customers and sub-contractors whilst maintaining and protecting Siemens brand, includes working as part of a diverse workforce, both professionally and socially.
- A good knowledge of Fire Detection standards in line with BS5839.
- Strong IT skills is a requirement.
Travel & Location
There will be daily travel involved in this role to customer sites therefore you will need to have a full driving license and be prepared to travel to all sites within the remit of the role which will involve some overnight stays (this could be up to 2 nights per week on occasion).
The location where you will ideally be based is Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, the Midlands and surrounding areas.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK and Ireland, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 86428
Organisation: Building Technologies
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time