Software Test Engineer
We are recruiting for a talented Software Test Engineer to join our Software Development team based in Chippenham supporting our Preactor Product line within Siemens Industry Software. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to work in a small friendly multi-skilled team environment, responsible for the maintenance and development of the Preactor software offerings – manufacturing software aligned to Industry 4.0. For further information about our products, see www.preactor.com. In this role you will use your test experience to further improve the quality and delivery of our products, across the full release cycle. We are looking for an individual who pays good attention to detail, is logical and has an analytical mind-set, with strong problem-solving skills.
What are my responsibilities?
- Test the implementation of new features, enhancements or bug fixes
- Systems, integration and regression testing, prior to release and on a continuous basis
- Test functionality, performance, reliability and stability
- Create and enhance automated UI and API tests
- Plan and execute manual and automated tests
- Test design and management
- Bug tracking and reporting
- Document all tests carried out
- Liaise with the development team when required to help resolve any failed tests
- Contribute to the maintenance of the testing procedures
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- SQL experience
- Platform support for different Windows versions
- Knowledge of test automation tools, preferably Ranorex
- Background in manual and automated testing
- Experience designing and developing automated tests in C#
- Experience with source control solutions, preferably Subversion
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of the principles of software engineering, and integration and test
- Adaptable with a flexible approach to work, ability to use your own initiative
- ISEB / ISTQB preferred
- produces manufacturing planning and scheduling software solutions for a worldwide client base. Our innovative products are the leaders in their field and are widely deployed across a number of industry sectors. Acquired by Siemens in 2013, our software solutions add to the Siemens Manufacturing Operations Management portfolio.
Preactor International is a highly successful software vendor that produces manufacturing planning and scheduling software solutions for a worldwide client base. Our innovative products are the leaders in their field and are widely deployed across a number of industry sectors. Acquired by Siemens in 2013, our software solutions add to the Siemens Manufacturing Operations Management portfolio.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens PLM Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions to help them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 86633
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time