Software Developer C++ 80 - 100%
Siemens Division Building Technologies with its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, is a global market leader in the field of safe, energy-efficient and eco-friendly buildings and infrastructure. Together with our 30,000 employees worldwide, we are helping to create a better future. We offer a unique combination of business areas: as a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, we offer solutions and services relating to personal safety, building security and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, as well as energy management. Visit siemens.ch/jobs/bt for an insight into our organization, our products and services, the challenges we face, our vacancies and the opportunities
Imagine, you are in a firmware team developing a revolutionary next generation of building automation. You are sharing and collaborating on Software within Siemens together with >20'000 developers as well as on Open Source and using a cutting-edge development environment. Your main focus is developing features running on powerful embedded Linux devices as well as in the cloud to #CreatingPerfectPlaces for every stage of life of our customers.
Your new responsibilities
- Development of innovative and smart solutions in the area of building automation connected to the cloud (IoT)
- Continuous development, integration and deployment of features and takeover of maintainer role of packages
- Close collaboration with colleagues in open- and inner source communities
- Working in an agile development environment whilst following Scrum and SAFe principles
- Proactive and responsible cooperation with our development locations in a global setup
Your skills and experience
- Engineering university degree (electrics, computer science or comparable)
- A few years’ experience in object oriented design preferably implemented in C ++ as well as in scripting languages
- In-depth knowledge of product design for embedded device based on Linux and OSS
- A motivating and inspiring personality, being self-responsible and with the passion to contribute to the overall team effort
- Proficiency in English; solid German skills are desired
We look forward to receiving your full online application including CV, letter of motivation, references, certificates, and an indication of your availability. If you have any questions about this position, please contact us quoting the Job ID at: email@example.com. Please note that we only accept applications via our job portal siemens.ch/jobs.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Job ID: 86650
Organisation: Building Technologies
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Part-time