Senior Software Engineer
Siemens PLM Software is looking for a Software Engineer, to be hired with a permanent contract, for its premises in Genoa. He/she will be involved in the realization an innovative software for Manufacturing Execution System (MES) solutions.
MES Solutions plays an important role in our vision of Industry 4.0, they are a relevant component of Siemens Manufacturing Operations Management proposal for the digital factory, based on a product portfolio leveraging continuous innovation. https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/global/en/products/manufacturing-operations/
The work environment is based on modern approaches to software development such as Agile and SCRUM.
The Software Engineer as member of an agile team performs work including but not limited to activities related to planning, estimation, analysis, design, architecture, user experience, programming, testing, documentation, security and operations.
What will you manage in the short term?
- Be part of a scrum team and implement the required functionalities according to the software design
- Implement code and design reviews and promote technical debt reduction activities;
- Collaborate with the product owner to set priority;
- Collaborate with other team members establishing a continuous feedback also with international colleagues;
- Address all quality aspects with special attention to performance, compatibility, usability, reliability, security, maintainability and portability;
- Adhere and contribute to development best practices, such as continuous integration/deployment, automatic tests, etc.;
And what about the medium-long term?
- You will have the possibility to collaborate with your peers as a subject matter expert;
- You will be responsible to maintain the product at state-of-the-art from a technological point of view with an evolution roadmap toward new technologies;
- You will be part of the realization of the transition toward cloud;
Who are we looking for?
A candidate with the following features:
- At least 3 years of professional experience in software development in industrial field;
- Experience in development on windows platforms C# and .Net framework;
- Good knowledge in SQL and Oracle database is appreciated;
- An experience in a cloud technologies as AWS will be a plus;
- A Degree or Master Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Technical Diploma;
- Experience in agile methodologies is appreciated;
- Good knowledge in English and Italian;
- Good communication skills to be exploited in a heterogeneous and multicultural environment;
- Business case basic understanding (marketing, business planning, competitor analysis);
- Quality assurance, development process, configuration and change management understanding;
- Available to short international business trips
What can we further offer?
· Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the entrepreneurial spirit are rewarded;
· An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous training;
· Flexible Welfare programs;
· Shareholding plans for the employee;
· Health insurance;
· Canteen service;
· Personal Computer and Smartphone.
What else do you have to know?
Siemens pays much
attention to Diversity, thus welcoming applications which reflects this value,
and guarantees equal opportunities.
We look forward to receiving an online application in response to this job offer. Only applications sent via this tool will be taken into account. An upload of the CV is required and a cover letter is appreciated.
Want to know more about Siemens Culture and Values, before getting in touch with us directly?
Watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWAWUTfxMQM
further information or questions you can contact:
Via Privata Vipiteno, 4 Milan
Applications sent via mail won’t be taken into account.
For further information about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Job ID: 86659
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time