Head (m/f/diverse) of Commodity Group Steel
We develop networks that power and heat our cities intelligently. And support NASA in their explorations of outer space. For these and many other future projects, we need smart thinkers who bring skill, creativity, and dedication to the table. People like you! Experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons, true specialists, and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. In short, help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference. So what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
What part will you play?
- You lead a global commodity team of global/regional commodity managers in several steel related commodities, Supplier Quality Managers (CE) and an Operative Procurement team
- Furthermore you analyze and monitor global supply markets as well as define and implement a global material field and supplier strategy considering demand and business requirements
- You align budget with the business and achieve cost reduction targets and other agreed (Quality, Logistic) KPIs
- Additionally you identify and qualify new as well as manage existing suppliers in mainly Europe /East Europe and Asia
- You negotiate commercial, quality and logistic conditions and assure professional contract management
- Last but not least you drive innovation and collaboration with suppliers as well as implement and contribute to Cost and Value Engineering (CVE) initiatives
- The foundation of your career are successful completed academic studies in economic / mechanical engineering
- You bring many years of relevant experience in procurement in steel related material fields and several years of experience in leading a global team
- We would be pleased to meet you if you have a collaborative leadership style and experience in managing (cross-functional) projects
- Personally, you score well with open-mindedness, strategic thinking, analytical and structured approaches and excellent negotiation skills
- To find your way in your international environment, you are characterized by fluency in English / preferably German as well as a willingness to intercontinental traffic (20%)
+49 (9131) 7-35335 - if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Michaela Borho.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 86661
Organisation: Process Industries and Drives
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time