Head (m/f/diverse) of Commodity Group Steel
What part will you play?
- You lead a global commodity team of global/regional commodity managers in several steel related commodities, Supplier Quality Managers (CE) and an Operative Procurement team
- Furthermore you analyze and monitor global supply markets as well as define and implement a global material field and supplier strategy considering demand and business requirements
- You align budget with the business and achieve cost reduction targets and other agreed (Quality, Logistic) KPIs
- Additionally you identify and qualify new as well as manage existing suppliers in mainly Europe /East Europe and Asia
- You negotiate commercial, quality and logistic conditions and assure professional contract management
- Last but not least you drive innovation and collaboration with suppliers as well as implement and contribute to Cost and Value Engineering (CVE) initiatives
- The foundation of your career are successful completed academic studies in economic / mechanical engineering
- You bring many years of relevant experience in procurement in steel related material fields and several years of experience in leading a global team
- We would be pleased to meet you if you have a collaborative leadership style and experience in managing (cross-functional) projects
- Personally, you score well with open-mindedness, strategic thinking, analytical and structured approaches and excellent negotiation skills
- To find your way in your international environment, you are characterized by fluency in English / preferably German as well as a willingness to intercontinental traffic (20%)
+49 (9131) 17-1717 - if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Michaela Borho.
www.flender.com - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 86661
Organisation: Process Industries and Drives
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time