FEA Development Support Engineer
FEA Development Support Engineer
Hammersmith, United Kingdom
Siemens is seeking to recruit a highly qualified and motivated finite element analysis (FEA) engineer to join its Development Support team. In particular, the engineer will demonstrate experiences using finite element methods to model electromagnetic systems. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Development Support.
Development Support provide high level support that helps ensure the transfer of technical knowledge and expertise between Product Development and the rest of the company.
Development Support engineers are required to work closely with software developers as new versions of STAR-CCM+ are developed to help ensure new features of the code are well understood. In particular, emphasis is given to demonstrating the use of newly implemented software features and their functionalities. In addition, verifying new features behave as their designs intend.
Development Support engineers liaise with teams worldwide to provide advanced technical solutions that help ensure end user issues are answered and fixed in a prompt manner and software products are used correctly, to their maximum potential.
The FEA engineer will have a high-level understanding of finite element analysis for computer aided engineering and simulation. The FEA engineer will demonstrate experiences using finite element analysis to model real-world engineering applications. In particular, emphasis is given to electromagnetics for e-mobility applications and electric machines. Application areas also include, but are not limited to, solid mechanics for structural analyses, and viscoelastic/non-Newtonian fluid flows for chemical processing. Additionally, the FEA engineer will have a keen interest in understanding; heat transfer and fluid flows for fluid-structure interactions; design optimisations, and; cosimulation.
Responsibilities will include:
● Making sure newly implemented STAR-CCM+, FEA code developments are well understood. Emphasis is given to demonstrating their industrial application and functionalities throughout the development and release life cycles.
● Triaging customer bug reports submitted to the FEA development teams
● Supporting internal customers and FEA development teams
Required knowledge/skills, education and experience
● A postgraduate degree (PhD, MEng, MSc or equivalent) in Mechanical/Chemical/Electrical/Electronic Engineering or other closely related field
● Prior industrial/research experience working with FEA software
● Experience/knowledge of supporting and/or testing FEA software
● Basic programming and/or shell scripting skills
● Ability to work individually and as part of a team to meet project goals
● Excellent communication skills
● Proven ability to work autonomously and to prioritise multiple projects
● Good organisational skills
● Fluent English speaking, reading and writing
Preferred knowledge/skills, education and experience
Additionally, exposure or experience in the following areas would be considered advantageous:
● Prior experience with CFD software, in particular, STAR-CCM+
● Java and/or C++ programming skills
● Strong background in the application, development and/or testing of CAE software
Job ID: 86712
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time