Applications Engineer- Advanced- Aeroacoustics & Multiphase
Siemens is a global technology
powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality,
reliability and inter-nationality for more than 165 years. As a global
technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this
setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established
markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power
and Renewable, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital
Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
Siemens PLM is seeking an Application Specialist to work in the areas of aeroacoustics and multiphase within the CAE code STAR-CCM+. Application Specialists liaise with other Product development groups and members of the Product Delivery Team within Siemens PLM in order to develop requirements and prove technology for new software that will meet end-user expectations for a particular application area. For this role the application areas of interest cover aeroacoustics topics, including thermoacoustics and hydroacoustics, and a wide range of multiphase topics. The successful candidate will pioneer the use of new technology and workflows contained within Siemens PLM’s flagship product STAR-CCM+. The role reports to the Director, Technology. Development within the Simulation and Test Solutions group of Siemens PLM.
- Investigate and report on the suitability of our software for new application areas within aeroacoustics and multiphase by solving
- challenging simulation problems
- Translate new application requirements into needed features in
- Support of development activities.
- Prove advanced features in development versions of the code in
- support of Development Leads
- Awareness of competitive offerings to determine feature sets for given applications, and to benchmark our own codeto understand differentiators
- Provide training and guidance to our Global Sales and Product Management teams to assist them in their efforts to commercialize new Developments
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- A postgraduate degree (PhD, MEng, MSc or equivalent) in Aeronautics or Mechanical Engineering or other closely related field
- A strong background in Finite Volume analyses for fluid flow simulation
industrial/research experience working in either:
- aeroacoustics notably: Rotor noise, Propulsion systems, Ground transportation
- multiphase topics: Cavitation, Airfoil icing, Marine applications
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team to meet project goals
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Basic programming and/or shell scripting skills
- Good organizational skills
- Fluent English speaking, reading and writing
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Prior experience with STAR-CCM+ or other commercial CFD packages.
- Java and/or C++ programming skills
Job ID: 86715
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time