SHL DICT Research Scientist Shanghai
because we want what is best for our people, our customers and ultimately the health of mankind. While we are invested in engineering excellence – leading-edge medical technologies and services, we don’t stop there. We're also deeply invested in our 46.000 people with the
hearts of pioneers and minds of engineers, highly committed and connected in this industry. And as we strive to shape the future of healthcare, our overall success will depend on our ability to continuously reinvent ourselves.
If you are ambitious and change makes you thrive, help transform Siemens Healthineers into a learning organization.
• Develop new MR techniques and applications to provide better medical MR imaging solutions. Including sequence development projects done in collaboration with the collaboration partner.
• Provide technical support to the collaboration partner for advanced research questions, including support in sequence programming using the IDEA platform.
• Managing both internal & external resources to develop and test new MR techniques.
• Leading the design and implementation of research / development projects in a way consistent with international standards in the interest of Siemens and clinical needed.
• Management of the collaboration process from, project design, project implementation, completion of data collection, storage and presentation and final closure of the projects.
• Preparation and writing of scientific papers together with collaboration partners to ensure the work has impact in the scientific and academic community.
• Act as a liaison between this customer and Siemens’ research collaborators and Siemens’ internal groups in China and world-wide, including, but not limited to R&D, development teams, collaboration teams and Marketing.
• A substantial amount of time will be spent with collaboration partners to provide research / academic consultancy on many topics related to MRI research and liaising with Siemens colleagues in China, headquarters and globally to help develop future technologies adapted to the needs in China.
This position may suit you best, if building learning organizations is your expertise and you have extensive experience with Top Management Learning and Leadership Development.
• Previous research experience in medical imaging, preferably in MRI
• PhD in medical-imaging related field, preferably MRI (alternatively Technologist/Technician, medical engineer, clinical scientist, MD with research experience may be considered as well)
• Hands-on experience with MRI equipment, Experience with Siemens and/or UHF systems and/or ultra-strong gradients (Connectome) is a plus.
• Basic medical knowledge
• Substantial experience in C++ software development is expected and design of MR sequences and image reconstruction using the Siemens SDE platform (IDEA/ICE) is preferable, as well as knowledge in image post processing.
• Ability and interest to motivate and guide collaboration partners through the process of research projects
• Communicate effectively with customers, colleagues and the medical community about the research work
• Ability to work independently but maintain good contact with the international Collaboration team
• Strong attention to detail, outstanding communications skills, ability to create new and innovative solutions, establish and maintain relationships with a variety of people in different roles / levels and physical locations are critical.
• Experience in publishing and presenting scientific work to the medical community, especially experience in writing scientific papers for international journals. An outstanding track record of peer reviewed publications is highly desired.
• Excellent command of English, both written and spoken. Native speaker or working proficiency in mandarin is preferable.
• Experiences in developing RF electronic for MRI system (especially UHF system) are a plus.
Job ID: 86768
Organisation: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time