Master Thesis: Multi-Disciplinary Optimization with Focus on the Aeromechanics Design of an Industrial Last Stage Turbine Blade
Master Thesis: Multi-Disciplinary Optimization with focus on the aeromechanics design of an industrial last stage turbine blade
Join us on our journey into the future #FutureMakers#Siemens
Be part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is high on the agenda. By making sustainable energy solutions more cost effective, developing new technologies for the future's smart industry and electrifying passenger and freight transport, we make reality of our vision of a sustainable world.
We are now offering an interesting Master Thesis project at Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery AB in Finspång, Sweden.
Whole Engine Department
We are 14 persons who are responsible for rotor and blade dynamics as well as secondary air systems in our gas turbines (Power output: 15-57 MW). Our main working tasks are development of existing and future engines. We also give support to other departments such as manufacturing, sales, commissioning and service.
- Multi-disciplinary optimization (MDO) has been playing an ever more important role in achieving a well-rounded design during both the early and mature design phases.
- This MSc thesis project aims at applying Siemens in-house optimization tool (e.g. Siemens HEEDS) to the aeromechanical design of an industrial last stage turbine blade taking into consideration the aerodynamics, structural dynamics, mechanical/dynamic integrity and with a key focus on the aeroelastic stabilities.
- The proposed work is to be performed within 20 weeks and includes the application and improvement of the MDO processes, parametrization of geometry using NX with the support from design engineers, (automatic) mesh generation, modal analysis (preferably NX Nastran or Abaqus), stress evaluations and 3D CFD aeroelastic calculations employing both commercial (Star-CCM+) and in-house tools.
- Extraction of the design knowledge from the MDO results will also be essential.
- You are a Master Thesis student within relevant areas.
- Previous experience with FEA and CFD analyses, programming skills and/or measurements are an advantage.
- We prefer that the work is started in January/February 2019 and is finished in the spring or summer.
Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery AB offer products and solutions for generating sustainable and resource efficient electricity. Our customers include utilities, independent power producers and companies in the oil and gas industry.
Turn challenges into opportunities
Our energy system is undergoing rapid changes and the world's energy use is steadily increasing.
These challenges require innovative solutions and products that combine both physical and digital technology, which cover the entire energy value chain. Siemens energy portfolio extends from the latest in compressors, turbines and generators to virtual power plants, smart network management and innovative storage solutions. Everything is backed by a comprehensive service offering range and genuine commitment to meeting our customers' individual needs
If you’re excited to shape the innovations of tomorrow, we want to hear from you. You’ll join 372,000 of the smartest minds all working together to build a better future. See more on Siemens.se
Do not hesitate - apply today via siemens.se refnr 86776 and no later than November 30. Please note that the role might be added before last application date. You will be based in Finspång, Sweden.
For questions about the role please contact the main Supervisors: Qingyuan Zhuang on tel: +46 (0)122 84371 or Maria Mayorca on tel: +46 (0)122 82594. For questions about the recruitment process contact Malin Tallberg on tel. +46 (0)122 81381.
Christine Lindström, Unionen, 0122-817 28
Simon Bruneflod, Sveriges Ingenjörer, 0122-842 24
Jan Lundgren, Ledarna, 0122-812 33
Kenth Gustavsson, IF Metall, 0122-815 25
In this recruitment we renounce all calls relating to advertising and recruitment support.
Job ID: 86776
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Either