Linux Embedded Developer 80% - 100%
If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Division Building Technologies with its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, is a global market leader in the field of safe, energy-efficient and eco-friendly buildings and infrastructure. Together with our 30,000 employees worldwide, we are helping to create a better future. We offer a unique combination of business areas: as a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, we offer solutions and services relating to personal safety, building security and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, as well as energy management. Visit siemens.ch/jobs/bt for an insight into our organisation, our products and services, the challenges we face, our vacancies and the opportunities open to you to start, change or advance your career at our Building Technologies Division.
Imagine, you are in a firmware team developing a revolutionary next generation of building automation. You are sharing and collaborating on Software within Siemens together with >20'000 developers as well as on Open Source and using a cutting-edge development environment. Your main focus is developing features running on powerful embedded Linux devices as well as in the cloud to #CreatingPerfectPlaces for every stage of life of our customers.
Your new responsibilities
- Work on design and implementation of innovative and smart solutions in the area of building automation connected to the cloud (IoT)
- Assume a leading role within the projects, either in Zug or globally
- Tracking and evaluating of cutting edge technologies to maintain a common and future oriented technology stack based on Linux (Embedded/Yocto)
- Working in an agile development environment whilst following Scrum and SAFe principles
- Proactive and close collaboration with our global colleagues across several continents
- Contribute to open source as well as to our large inner source communities, open mindset like upstream first and foster teamwork and further develop your area of responsibility
Your skills and experience
- Engineering university degree (electronics, computer science or comparable)
- In-depth knowledge of product design for embedded devices based on Linux and OSS• Motivating and proactive personality with self-responsible and results-oriented working methods. Good candidates also observe the big picture within the R/D and web protocols such as WebSockets or MQTT
- A convincing personality who is able to serve the team and defend his/her point of view in front of senior management or demanding peers. Consistency with your past and current employers can be recognised on your CV
- Experience with technologies such as Yocto/OpenEmbedded, Linux administration and hardening, container technologies and their underlying constructs like cgroups and runC, IoT and web protocols such as WebSockets or MQTT
- We are looking for a mid-level person wjth up tp five years of dedicated Linux experience, preferably from an embedded environment
- Strong proficiency in English; sound German skills are highly beneficial in this role
We look forward to receiving your full online application including CV, letter of motivation, references, certificates, and an indication of your availability. If you have any questions about this position, please contact us quoting the Job Title at email@example.com. Please note that we only accept applications via our job portal siemens.ch/jobs.
Job ID: 86779
Organisation: Building Technologies
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Part-time