Who we are?
Siemens is a global leader in the field of Engineering. We have numerous projects around the region in fields including Power Generation, Energy Management, Transportation and Oil & Gas.
What are my responsibilities?
- Develop and implement environmental strategies and action plans, to ensure corporate sustainable development
- Coordinate all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy, in addition to social aspects as well
- Lead the implementation of environmental policies and practices
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation and keep up to date with IFC and international regulation and legislation
- Liaise with relevant bodies such as local authorities, public bodies and competent bodies
- Audit, analyze and report environmental performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies
- Carry out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce an organization’s environmental risks and financial costs
- Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of an organization, of the impact of emerging environmental issues
- Implement best practice in areas of corporate, ethical and social responsibility and address any issues arising
- Develop and implement environmental management systems to continually improve the impact of the organization on the environment
- Coordinate public hearings and consultations on environmental matters
- Manage relations with management and internal staff
- Train staff at all levels on environmental issues and responsibilities
- Negotiate environmental service agreements and manage associated costs and revenues
- Prepare on time environmental reports, LPR and whatever required reports to cover Siemens, legal and lenders requirements
- Report to the plant EHS manager
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as Environmental Specialist.
- Experience in international organization- Advantage
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Job ID: 86939
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time