Who we are?
Siemens is a global leader in the field of Engineering. We have numerous projects around the region in fields including Power Generation, Energy Management, Transportation and Oil & Gas. The HR Talent Acquisition Team is a key business partner in supporting and shaping the growth of the organization in the region.
What are my responsibilities?
- Report directly to the EHS manager
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks
- Giving safety instruction at the working site
- Ensure compliance with country-specific, Siemens-specific regulations and IFC requirements at the work site by means of daily inspections; where necessary, stipulating measures, checking and documenting thereof
- Documentation of non-conformances and primary hazards
- Ensure prompt elimination of non-conformances
- Providing support in monitoring coordination of activities relevant to safety
- Participate in official meetings on frequent basis to discuss and update EHS related issues
- Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced
- report accidents and near misses, stipulating measures for prevention of the foregoing
- Monitoring the provision and correct handling and use of personal protective equipment
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Ensure compliance of inspection intervals for tools, lifting gear and other technical equipment
- Ensure compliance of inspection intervals for first aid, alarm and fire protection equipment
- Ensure compliance with regulations for handling and storage of hazardous substances
- Coordinate the administration of first aid and train site personnel in health and safety standards and EHS topics within Toolbox Talks
- Support in methodology of last minute risk analysis (Take Five)
- Preparing of weekly reports (with provided forms) and transmission to EHS department
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as EHS specialist.
- Experience in international organization- Advantage
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Job ID: 86941
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time