Senior Specialist Communication (m/w/d)
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2017, which ended on September 30, 2017, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.1billion and had around 28,400 employees worldwide.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- In your new position as Senior Communication Engineer (m/f/d) you will independently do technical planning and the system design of communication technology for railway transportation systems.
- Requests for proposals will be analyzed and technically assessed by you in regard to the interaction and functions of the products and sub-systems in the context of an overall system, taking into account the mandatory requirements, regulations and standards. The systems and products are e.g. radio systems, backbone systems, CCTV, PA, PIDS, PABX, Clock System, Access Control, Intrusion Detection.
- You will draft technically binding tenders, system descriptions and planning documents, including obtaining and evaluating subcontractor proposals.
- Furthermore you will be creating time schedules resource plans to fulfill project requirements.
- Project-specifically you will perform the interface, configuration and document management.
- Finally you will be providing technical guidance to other employees and team members.
- You own a technical University degree, preferably in communication technology, rail engineering or electrical engineering as well as extensive professional experience in the turnkey business, ideally in railway transportation systems with the focus on communication systems.
- You already have acquired sound specialist knowledge of all widely used communication subsystems and their interfaces in overall railway systems, such as radio systems (LTE, TETRA, WLAN technologies), backbone systems (Ethernet, MPLS), CCTV (IP-based video technologies, multicast), PA, PABX (IP-based audio technologies, SIP) and access control (card readers, MIFARE, door access control systems).
- You hold experience in cost and resource management and in the management of bids and projects while being knowledgeable in the area of bid and interface management, as well as in analyzing requests for tenders and contracts.
- Technical team leadership as well as project experience in the context of international customer or development projects is desirable.
- Your Approach to work is independent and structured. You have excellent communication abilities combined with strong interpersonal skills and strong abilities in consulting and implementation. This leads to your high level of customer and quality orientation.
- Due to the international orientation of the projects, your mobility and willingness to travel is essential. This may also require long-term delegations.
- You speak English fluently. Good German language skills and other foreign languages such as French, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic are an advantage.
Job ID: 87045
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time