MR Research Scientist
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? As Siemens Healthineers values those who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause, our company’s name is dedicated to our employees. It’s their pioneering spirit, blended with our long history of engineering in the ever evolving healthcare industry that truly makes us unique as an employer.
Siemens Healthineers and sitem-insel Bern – Innovating together in Switzerland
For this specific position, Siemens Healthineers is partnering with the Swiss Institute for Translational and Entrepreneurial Medicine (sitem-insel) in order to establish a center of excellence in magnetic resonance imaging. The partnership seeks to develop cutting-edge imaging methods with the aim to enable research and translation into the clinical realm. With the installation of both a 3T MAGNETOM Prisma and our newest clinical 7T MAGNETOM Terra scanners – fully available for research and development – sitem-insel provides an outstanding environment for translational research on the human body.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Sounds interesting?
Then come in and join our global team as MR Research Scientist in Bern to partner with sitem-insel to enable research and prototype development.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- You, with your strong expertise in MR imaging, will be at the interface of method development, translational research and clinical validation of the developed techniques.
- You will enable the local partners to make best use of the equipment, as well as perform research and help translating novel methods both to clinics and to future commercial products.
- You will be working with sitem MR imaging team supported by the Siemens Healthineers pre-development group in Lausanne as well as the MR headquarters in Germany.
- You will develop new MRI methods and provide both research and technical instrumentation support for the MRI systems.
- You will evaluate prototype equipment, and help explore, expand, and realize the potential of the 7T system and new MR imaging methods for the whole body.
- You will help foster clinical translation by transferring the developed techniques to the clinical 3T platforms.
- You will interact intensively with clinical and research partners locally, nation-wide and beyond.
Your qualifications and experiences:
- As basis for these positions you hold a degree in (bio-) medical imaging, engineering, physics or programming.
- You gained long-standing experience with medical imaging, and MRI in particular.
- You have a good understanding of MR physics.
- You have profound experience in MR sequence programming (ideally on Siemens platforms).
- Additional in-depth knowledge of image reconstruction methods is preferable.
- Proven C++ programming skills, as well as Python (and/or Matlab).
Your personality and skills:
- You have excellent communication skills in English, both written and orally; German is a plus.
- Based on your experience, you have a proven capability to drive research projects on your own.
- Your team spirit facilitates the cooperation with different stakeholders on different hierarchical levels as well different functions.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
Check our Career Site at www.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
We look forward to receiving your full online application including CV, letter of motivation, references and certificates as well as an indication of your availability. Please note that we only accept applications via our job portal https://www.healthcare.siemens.ch/about.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact us quoting the Job ID at: Daniela Antoni, phone +41 79 547 94 34.
To all recruitment agencies:
Siemens Healthineers does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Siemens Healthineers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Job ID: 87209
Organisation: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time