Master Thesis Worker
Master Thesis worker for digital test assembly in virtual reality environment
Join us on our journey into the future #FutureMakers#Siemens
Be part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is high on the agenda. By making sustainable energy solutions more cost effective, developing new technologies for the future's smart industry and electrifying passenger and freight transport, we make reality of our vision of a sustainable world.
We are now searching for a Master Thesis worker on the topic of Virtual Reality (VR) used for digital test assembly evaluations at Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery AB in Finspång, Sweden. You will explore a topic that covers digital test assembly in form of Virtual Reality simulations through HTC Vive and software Unity. We will also customize the topic together depending on your interest and background. Common denominators will be digitalization and VR for the industry.
You will be employed for a limited period and will receive an hourly salary.
The proposed work is to be performed within 20 weeks and includes feasibility studies, design concepts & evaluation resulting in a recommendation for future work.
The challenge – project description
- Create a virtual environment to test a sub-assembly of the gas turbine and set up quick instruction virtually, also for verification a test for de-assembly for service will be evaluated
- Digital solutions in form of VR for collaboration and how to organize different engineering disciplines to get the most out of them, in this case R&D and Production evaluation for future concepts and implementations
- A deep dive into creating a process and method for sequencing assembly’s in VR and presenting in the virtual world
- Evaluate the methods used for digital test assembly through VR in form of HTC Vive and Unity
- Investigate possibilities for connecting Siemens NX sequencing module with Unity software
- An extra investigation in case time allows it will be looking into the possibilities using Microsoft HoloLens for test assembly instructions
- You are doing your final year on a technical master program within Mechanical engineering, Production engineering, Design, Computer science, Design for Creative and Immersive Technology, IT, or Media technology.
- You are analytical, have ease in socializing, are self-reliant and a self-starter.
- You have a genuine interest in digitalization within the industry that can be seen in your choices of courses and/or extra-curricular activities, VR work with HTC Vive and Unity is preferable.
- You will be placed in the Finspång office. Your supervisor is placed in Finspång as well and you will have weekly meetings online or in person. No matter on placement, monthly meetings will be in person. You will have access to the entire Siemens organization and networking is encouraged.
Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery AB offer products and solutions for generating sustainable and resource efficient electricity. Our customers include utilities, independent power producers and companies in the oil and gas industry.
Turn challenges into opportunities
Our energy system is undergoing rapid changes and the world's energy use is steadily increasing.
These challenges require innovative solutions and products that combine both physical and digital technology, which cover the entire energy value chain. Siemens energy portfolio extends from the latest in compressors, turbines and generators to virtual power plants, smart network management and innovative storage solutions. Everything is backed by a comprehensive service offering range and genuine commitment to meeting our customers' individual needs
If you’re excited to shape the innovations of tomorrow, we want to hear from you. You’ll join 372,000 of the smartest minds all working together to build a better future. See more on Siemens.se
Do not hesitate - apply today via siemens.se refnr 87257 and no later than 26 November. You will be based in Finspång, Sweden. For questions about the role please contact recruiting manager Almir Ajkunic on tel. +46 (0)122 84477 or for questions about the recruitment process contact Malin Tallberg, tel, +46 (0)122 81381.
Christine Lindström, Unionen, 0122-817 28
Simon Bruneflod, Sveriges Ingenjörer, 0122-842 24
Jan Lundgren, Ledarna, 0122-812 33
Kenth Gustavsson, IF Metall, 0122-815 25
In this recruitment we renounce all calls relating to advertising and recruitment support.
Job ID: 87257
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Either