Service Manager Infrastructure - VC (m/f)
GS IT Global Operations Lisbon is an international nearshore competence center, providing Siemens AG with innovative solutions and high-quality services across the IT value chain. We work in over 220 applications, systems and projects ranging from infrastructure services for IT platforms up to data analytics and cyber defence, achieving an unprecedentedly high level of customer satisfaction.
We are looking for Service Manager Infrastructure - VC (m/f):
What are my responsibilities?
Ensure contracted services (e.g. Change Mgmt., Problem Mgmt., Demand Mgmt., etc.) within a specific
area of responsibility on a day-to-day basis. I.e., per service element, service group, or for a specific
region. Make certain the implementation of services is aligned with the agreed contracts in accordance
to the agreed volumes and standards and assure that contractual obligations are met. Contribute and
drives Continuous Service Improvement and Service Transitions, as well as act as service related
infrastructure expert wherever required.
- Identify IT service or solution related business goals, objectives, and requirements of the business environment
- Implement process standards and policies and be responsible for their consistent execution.
- Oversee IT services or solution related performance and delivery indicators.
- May optimize IT service management frameworks for multi-vendor environments.
- Contribute and support planning, budgeting, design, and alignment of service management processes and IT solutions landscapes.
- Advise the accountable business management of the unit, in all IT Service & Solution Management related issues.
- Support customization and the specification of service elements throughout the entire service lifecycle.
- Contributes to the maintenance of all service catalog items and the provisioning of an integrated catalog of infrastructure services.
- Implement programs and procedures for safeguarding data/information security and safety.
- May coordinate relevant unit and integration tests and also communicate with vendors and service providers.
- Manages complex infrastructure solution/service installations or updates.
- Support or manages change-release processes and implementation of IT security guidelines.
- Identifies IT service or solution problems and seeks resolutions without impact to end user.
- May perform 2nd-level user help desk activities, individual coaching and trainings.
- May contribute to issue management through escalation processes.
- May contribute to the implementation of knowledge management standards by gathering, analyzing, sorting, and sharing relevant information.
- Stay abreast of developments in industry regarding IT Technology & Services as well as Solution Management.
- Typically reports to an IT Manager or Team Leader.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- 3 years of service Management experience.
- Skilled in information and communications technology (Pre. ITIL Foundations)
- Working knowledge and Experience in Service Management.
- Knowledge in IT Infrastructure and Applications
- Deep Knowledge in Virtual Client technology
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to develop, drive, and manage services in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, having a medium-high English Language Domain/Fluency (Speaking, Reading & Writing), solid ability to present complex issues to multi-level audiences of Stakeholders.
- Optional: good working knowledge of Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Optional: Previous work experience within the LATAM/MAM regions
Soft Skills (Communication and Relationship management):
- Team player and enjoy working in an international and cross-functional team
- Initiative and orientation on quality
- Customer focus
- Capacity for teamwork and networking skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to build long-term relationships with internal colleagues and external providers
- Ability to work independently and take decisions where necessary
- Advanced English language (mandatory)
What else do I need to know?
In Siemens Portugal we offer the possibility to integrate a young, dynamic and very multicultural team and to grow within one of the most solid multinational companies operating in the market.
As a leading global engineering and technology services company, Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the world’s major challenges in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. That’s why we are always looking for curious, open-minded people, people who dare to ask tough questions. Like every Siemens employee worldwide. Are you in?
If this offer meets your professional aspirations, please send your application.
Job ID: 87325
Organisation: Global Services
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time