GT Whole Engine Model (WEM) Engineer
GT Whole Engine Model (WEM) Engineer – Gas Turbine
Location: Gurgaon, India
Department: Power and Gas
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Engineering
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Achieving outcomes that matter
We identify areas of growth. Thanks to our extensive service network around the world, we can offer a wide range of support services for the oil and gas industry.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Calculations relative to gas turbine whole engine modeling (WEM) for gas turbine development programs.
- Ownership of the Whole-Engine models for various gas turbine designs, including update and design review of models or model results
- Rapid support of design trade studies via clearance evaluation model support.
- Provide back office support for engine performance tests relative to gas turbine clearance evaluation as needed.
- Incorporate best practices from Siemens gas turbines regarding engine operations and controls.
- Support gas turbine Package Frame Owner, Customer, Projects, Marketing, and Sales support as required.
- Develop instrumentation and testing plans to support hardware field validation efforts.
- Develop Risk assessments (FMEA) and participate in Root-Cause investigations for gas turbine systems.
- Lead resolution of fleet operational issues and hardware validation when related to whole engine model.
- Familiarity with how secondary air system results are applied in whole engine thermo-mechanical modeling as it pertains to clearance optimization
- Ability to work with gas turbine component design groups to drive design changes to optimize sealing performance or engine clearances
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Mechanical/Aerospace engineering discipline from recognized university
- More than 5 years of experience in Gas turbine whole engine modeling, clearance calculations, sealing design.
- Detailed knowledge of gas turbine clearance modeling
- Detailed knowledge in the area of gas turbine operations
- Experience with Fluid Mechanics or sealing technologies
- Experience in fluid-structure interaction modeling and conjugate thermal analysis
- Proficiency in one or more computational modeling tools for thermo-mechanical or computation fluid dynamics analysis including Ansys, SC03, Abaqus, NASTRAN, ProE, NX.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong data analysis skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- • Strong soft personal skill i.e. team player, quick learner, ability to adapt quickly & effectively etc.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 87454
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time