Outstation Technician, Three Bridges
We’ve got ideas to improve the way people travel. Can you help us bring them to life? Join us as an Outstation Engineer and help improve our Thameslink service.
We are providing both rolling stock and signalling solutions with brand new state-of-the-art Desiro City trains encompassing advanced systems both on and off train; as a result of this we have created two brand new depots to maintain the new fleet of trains in North London. We have a team of Outstation Maintenance Engineers, responsible for ensuring maintenance requirements are supported at various locations up to Bedford, Kent, through central London and great Northern routes to Cambridge and Peterborough.
As an Outstation Technician, you will have electrical and mechanical background and experience of fault diagnosis. You don’t have to have background in the rail industry as we will provide you with full training. You will work out of the outstation locations but your base location will be in Three Bridges, Crawley.
This is a shift based role where the working pattern consists of permanent days/nights.
- Undertake maintenance and repair of the allocated rolling stock to meet the requirements of the production plan
- Carry out download diagnosis and fault finding to an advanced level
- Produce complex, analytical technical reports on fault investigation
- Assist other team members with the development of technical skills
- Specialise in areas of technical expertise
- Assist with the provision of technical support at incidents off depot
- Provide first line support at Stations.
- Someone with a relevant experience within a predominately electrical engineering environment
- Someone with fault finding experience - desirable
- Someone with experience in documenting actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Someone with good knowledge and understanding for cares of tools, equipment and PPE as appropriate
- Someone with knowledge of Health & Safety including bio-hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Someone who can easily use a laptop for diagnostic, faultfinding and rectification purposes and who can produce detailed complex, analytical technical reports
- Someone who understands and interprets relevant technical publications
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. Our Rolling Stock business is working to transform the future of rail engineering within the UK. We have maintenance facilities and offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
This is a permanent opportunity and requires working on a shift pattern.
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 87573
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time