MRX Technologies is a Derby-based engineering company with headquarters in Perth, Western Australia, which has been operating within the railway industry since 1996. We develop, design and build condition monitoring systems for rolling stock and rail infrastructure. With our years of experience and in-depth knowledge of the rail industry, we have applied our engineering expertise to developing a range of innovative and technologically advanced rail solutions, including client-specific consultancy services. Siemens acquired the MRX Technologies Group in summer 2017 and is further expanding its offering in the field of predictive maintenance based on digitalization.
Based out of our Derby offices, the Project Engineer will lead the technical work packages of MRX projects (internal and external) throughout the project lifecycles. Liaise with clients on detailed engineering matters throughout the product lifecycles. Work with clients to understand and develop the scope of their requirements. Ensure and evidence that MRX products and projects deliver safely to system specifications and customer expectations. Overall, support the business to realize the KPI targets, primarily those set out by the engineering team.
Activities may include:
- Ensure all activities are carried out in full compliance with the QMS and project/business timescales and budgets.
- Assess designs, test plans and test outcomes to ensure safe execution and delivery to the required quality and in service performance.
- Evidence compliance.
- Leading engineers throughout the design and commissioning processes.
- Liaise with the other engineering disciplines and the project team to ensure that specifications are evidenced to be fully met and in a timely manner.
- Liaise with clients (engineers, managers and technicians) to ensure that the technical specification is correctly captured, met and that any additional work is identified and dealt with as required in the contract.
- Ensuring design issues are resolved and lessons learnt are passed on such that future projects benefit from the changes.
- Preparing technical customer facing documents when required
- Contribute to project plans and costing as required
- Actively participate in the improvement programme and drive implementation of improvements. Continuously contribute to cross functional and departmental processes.
- Execute the engineering change control process, engaging cross functions and departments where necessary
Qualifications, Experience & Technical Know-How
- An engineering degree from or qualification of equivalent standard from a UK or overseas university. Subjects could include; Electronics, Physics, Mechatronics, Materials, Aerospace or Aeronautical Engineering.
- Qualifications must confer eligibility for associate membership to an appropriate professional engineering or science institute.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering design principles Experience in detailed design, implementation and testing of manufacturing and commissioning of projects.
- Experience in planning and execution of development projects.
- Possess knowledge of and experience in the use of computers in technical applications.
- Eligible for membership to an appropriate professional engineering or science institute. Category B Driver’s License in accordance with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
If you are successful in your application you will receive a new contract detailing the standard terms, conditions and benefits associated with this role. Please note that this may impact any existing entitlements to legacy terms.
Please note that it is Siemens policy for all employees to inform their line manager when formally applying for a new role within Siemens.
Job ID: 87601
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time