Project Development Engineer 投标技术方案工程师 （空分压缩机）
Siemens PG is looking for a Project Development Engineer, based in our Shanghai or Hangzhou office. In this role, you will be integrated in sales function in our new unit business in China. You will be working closely with our sales colleagues in project bid preparation phase to provide professional technical solution and combines all relevant in-house competences in order to provide customer-oriented and competitive offers of high quality.
What are my responsibilities?
Your majority work can be summarized into below phases, and including other responsibilities assigned by the management:
- You will be leading firm bid offer preparation during bid project management:
- Lead firm bid projects key activities, including project bid strategy technically, concept and customer requirement clarification, technical proposals preparation, risk assessment, cost price and time schedule optimization, technical document preparation, service coordination and technical negotiations.
- Technical support of country sales managers and close to customers and partners during projects pre-acquisition phase, increase local technical competencies together with locally present resources from disciplines.
- Coordinate internal interfaces of projects, work with sales manager and bid team to complete internal processes.
- Participate in customer negotiation meeting; finalize all technical open items until contract award.
- Conduct project handover to execution team after acquisition; minimize project technical and financial risks at order intake phase.
- You will be leading the cost estimation system during cost engineering phase:
- Lead cost estimations and optimizations based on projects standards and review costs for specials or options from supporting other proposal functions.
- Review and consolidate product cost database platform, monitor key cost drivers for current and future projects.
- Lead cost analysis and internal/external cost benchmark.
- You will be responsible for process improvement:
- Active involvement in the continuous improvement of the proposal processes and tools to ensure the quality of the proposals
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a turbo-machinery Degree from an accredited higher education institution or equivalent work experience
- You have 5+ years’ experience in turbo-machinery or air separation industry and knowledge of compression industry.
- You have substantial experience in sales-oriented activities, including negotiations with customers.
- You have experience in working in cross-culture environment, and enjoys working with colleagues from oversea countries
- You are proficiency in spoken and written English and Chinese language, bilingual & international experience a plus
- You are flexible with
regards to working hours, duties and travelling.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job ID: 87643
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time