Support Team Engineer
The Civil Enforcement Team are responsible for ensuring the efficient running of all hardware, software and services which form part of the bespoke Digital Traffic Enforcement Solution used by a UK wide and growing portfolio of clients via onsite and remote working techniques.
As the Support Team Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring the quick turnaround of hardware repairs of our solution in addition to providing support to all users as a 1st/2nd line support engineer in line with contracted SLAs. You will work closely with other members of the Support Team, Project Team and Technical engineers to ensure the performance of the solution and customer satisfaction is maximized.
What are your responsibilities?
- Carry out hardware repairs of enforcement equipment including PC and camera based technology.
- Provide support of our bespoke civil enforcement solution to our UK wide portfolio of clients; 1st and 2nd line fault finding and resolution within SLAs.
- Client visits for in-station repairs and preventative maintenance
- Investigate fault trends and analyse performance in order to proactively identify issues and opportunities for system optimization.
- Identify improvements for maintenance activities and feedback.
- Document test and fix procedures to aid in the transfer of knowledge.
- Plan the efficient use of sub-contractor maintenance activities and remotely support on-street works.
- Stock management of the Support teams spares holding ensuring the availability of spares for maintenance. Including profiling stock requirements in conjunction with the Contract Manager.
- Undertake appropriate training for equipment and systems as and when necessary, via formal and informal training, including on the job training.
- Ensure all working environments are safe, meet with guiding legislation and kept tidy. Including the care, maintenance and serviceability of all equipment used to reflect the professionalism of the Company.
- Any other duties reasonably required within the skill required for the role.
What do you need to qualify for the job?
- Interest or experience with PC hardware and software; fault finding, diagnosing and repairing.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and basic networking principles.
- Knowledge of SQL, IIS, imaging software, electrical engineering, batch scripting, ANPR/CCTV, Digital/Analogue Video, software update management, ITIL would be an advantage.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills.
- A good, confident telephone manner and the ability to converse at a senior level.
- Outlook – co-operative, helpful, willing to use initiative and conscientious
- Flexibility – willing to change, move from one activity or work area to another, learn new activities, pick up new jobs confidently and easily.
- Effectiveness - drive and energy applied to work, accuracy and reliability, ability to get things right first time and the ability to track and deal with multiple issues simultaneously, prioritizing workload.
- Teamwork - work towards the team's goals, work well with other people, communicate effectively within the team and contribute to a high standard of team morale.
- Happy to travel and must hold full UK Driving License
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Make the future with us
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
Great minds think differently
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 87921
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time