Field Service Engineer - Controls
The role of the Controls Field Service Engineer is to provide technical support and field service, as required, for our Long Term Programmes (LTP), Installation & Commissioning Activities (I&C) and Modifications and Upgrades (M&U) businesses as well as other traditional ad-hoc customers in relation to our products control and instrumentation systems.
You will be the customer interface for field based technical support in order to maximise the availability of the customer’s equipment. In addition, you will take responsibility for ensuring compliance with the customer’s and Siemens Health, Safety & Environmental policies and procedures. You will be required to provide field based technical support outside normal working hours and will need the ability to work offshore, often at short notice, in response to unscheduled breakdown events, in accordance with customer expectations.
The majority of the work carried out for this role will be overseas to locations including Europe, Middle East and Africa (USA and Asia on occassion)
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance tasks on Siemens ADGT products as identified by customers relative long term service agreement or adhoc customer requirement.
- Carry out Installation & Commissioning activities as required by the New Equipment business on Siemens Power Generation and Oil & Gas Compression plants.
- Carry out trouble-shooting and rectifying both in-field and in Siemens control room diagnostics on Siemens AGT products as required.
- Work Safely and in accordance with the companies written operating instructions.
- To take part in structured classroom and field based product and other trianing programmes as required to ensure continued role competency in accordance with the AGT product line requirements.
- Provide Technical Support outside normal working hours.
- Produce technical reports, based on work conducted and recommendations required to resolve customer issues, and/or improve system reliability and availability.
- Take part in route cause analysis and fault diagnostics as required by the AGT engineering function.
- You will have worked in an Instrumentation and Controls discipline, ideally on multiple controls platforms, including HMI systems and panel based elelctircal systems.
- You will have the ability to interpret piping and installation drawings, general engineering drawings and controls schematics.
- You will ideally have a working knowledge of gas turbine driven engine packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- You will need to be able to demonstrate initiative, be a flexible self-starter, working with the minimum direction and have the ability to work with a wide range of people as well as be a team player.
Job ID: 87935
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time