Prescan Cluster Sofwtare and Data Engineer
TASS International (A Siemens Business) provides the industry-standard in tyre simulation models for vehicle dynamics applications.
Prescan is a mature and wide-spread simulation platform for virtual development and validation of (Highly) Automated Driving systems. There is an increasing interest from the market to deploy the Prescan platform in a cluster environment, for running large amounts of tests in a short time. Our customers then want to assess the potential benefits and side-effects of their Highly Automated Driving system design, or produce high volume data to train deep learning based autonomous driving algorithms. For the Prescan cluster solutions, being developed in Rijswijk, we are looking for a data engineer to extend and improve the current offering.
- Design/architect and implement the infrastructure we need to provide Prescan in the customer’s Cluster environment, and to manage the large amount of results from the Prescan simulation set.
- Work with the product manager to define the product requirements.
- Work with the SW Architect to define the recommended cluster node specification (hardware set-up).
- Work with partners to discuss the interfacing of Prescan cluster with DOE tools, job schedulers and SLM/SPDM frameworks.
- Implement the required software for integration.
- Interact with customers on their cluster infrastructure to define the way Prescan Cluster should be embedded.
- Participate in the Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) at the customer site.
- MSc or BSc degree in Information Technology with a specialisation Computer Engineering (or similar).
- Thorough understanding of existing cluster and cloud technologies in the market such as Docker, Docker Swarm, Kafka, Google Kubernetes
- Experience with a job scheduler such as Sun Grid Engine, IBM LSF platform or Altair PBS professional.
- Experience with industry standard big data store technology i.e. Apache Hadoop
- Good control of scripting (programming) languages such as Python, Bash and C++.
Job ID: 87967
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time