Business Excellence Professional
The future of the UK’s Energy is in our hands. Join us and make it your job to see our ideas come to life.
Siemens Subsea are on the lookout for a Business Excellence Professional to join the team on a maternity contract basis until April 2020.
You will contribute to the implementation of Business Excellence strategy and approaches using improvement tools and techniques continuously improve business performance.
What part will you play?
- Drives and supports Business Excellence activities to continuously improve business performance in the defined area of responsibility.
- Drives and supports analysis of strengths and weak points of current business, identifies improvement areas and supports coordinated target setting across functions.
- Drives and supports cross-functional implementation of Business Excellence approaches, e.g., according to lean and continuous improvement methods and tools, and provides coaching and training in their application.
- Contributes to further development of methods and continuous improvement techniques as a subject matter expert.
- Facilitates best practice sharing in the organizational unit and beyond.
- Provides transparency on status and progress and contributes to reporting and communication.
- Supports the business by deploying productivity guidelines and procedures
- Leads Business Excellence topics / projects as directed.
- Supports the definition of continuous improvement performance indicators
- Follows Plan Do Check Act approach in work practices
- Drives quality culture through best practice and lessons learned.
- Plan, monitor and report status of improvement projects / activities to stakeholders
- Contribute, refine and develop the Continuous Improvement strategy
- Updates OPW in a timely manner (in line with OPW closure dates)
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
- IOSH managing safely
- Lean / Business improvement skills and experience
- NVQ – BIT – level 2,3,4
- Experience in improvement project management / Implementation
- EFQM Awareness
- Six Sigma principles
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them.
Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent onboard to be able to support us on this journey.
Our Subsea Excellence Centre is based in Ulverston, Cumbria. Siemens Subsea Connectors is recognised as a world leader in its field. The business has been providing subsea connectors for global oil and gas projects for over 30 years. This business will play a crucial part in the development of technology that Siemens is currently developing for use in water depths of up to 3,000 metres.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary but also the opportunity for you to take part in our reward scheme which focuses on new designs and the opportunity for you to create and patent one of your ideas or inventions.
We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens Energy Management recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from under-represented groups and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working options with our applicants.
Job ID: 88092
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either