Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Pune, India
Department: Power and Gas (PG-DR)
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Engineering
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
To create and modify engineering drawings, 3-D models using NX 8.5 and Teamcenter 10.0 to support drawing conversion, revision of drawings for Steam Turbine components & assemblies in compliance to Dresser-Rand (D-R) / Siemens standards and practices
To provide back-office engineering support for engineering, drafting and document control activities for different D-R/Siemens operations globally
- Carry out 3-D modeling and manufacturing drawings of components / assemblies for different Dresser-Rand/Siemens products;
- Convert old 2-D drawings to 3-D models using advance drafting software;
- Provide drawing updation and revision control;
- Follow D-R engineering and drafting standard practices;
- Migrate original English revision drawings into NX as per latest drafting practices.
- Handle ad hoc projects as assigned by the Team Leader/Manager
- Handle in confidence the drawings and / or trade secret information of D-R products.
- Support productivity improvement and establish best practices for modeling and drafting activities within stipulated time-period;
- Monitor effective use of available resources;
- Recording and tracking of engineering hours utilized for various projects;
- Electronic transfer of drawings, documents and data with D-R Global Operations
- Exposure to work with/in diverge cross cultural/disciplinary teams
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- You received a Bachelor in Engineering (Mechanical) with 3 to 5 years of experience in component design for steam turbine or any other rotating equipment’s
- Working knowledge of NX8.5 & Teamcenter 10.0; Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experienced in managing/coordinating projects remotely in a globally distributed setup
- Hands on experience on Steam Turbine components like Turbine Casings, Rotor, Buckets, Steam Chests, Valves, Bearings will be preferred
- Experienced in Casting & Pattern design, Core & Cavity design will be added advantage
- Candidate should possess excellent communication and presentation skills
- You have expertise working in MS Office (Project, Excel & PowerPoint), SAP and Team Center to facilitate project execution.
- Strong soft personal skill i.e. team player, quick learner, ability to adapt quickly & effectively etc.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 88113
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time