Project Manager - MRX
MRX Technologies is a Derby-based engineering company with headquarters in Perth, Western Australia, which has been operating within the railway industry since 1996. We develop, design and build condition monitoring systems for rolling stock and rail infrastructure. With our years of experience and in-depth knowledge of the rail industry, we have applied our engineering expertise to developing a range of innovative and technologically advanced rail solutions, including client-specific consultancy services. Siemens acquired the MRX Technologies Group in summer 2017 and is further expanding its offering in the field of predictive maintenance based on digitalization.
As the Project Manager your key role will involve bid generation - preparation and planning, execution of projects under your control in accordance with client specifications to an agreed contract & schedule, in line with Siemens project management methodology [PM@Siemens] and QA operating procedures.
You will play a pivotal role in the Project Management team by managing all elements of project execution from bid preparation through project closure, which encompasses project engineering, project customer[s] liaison, project purchasing, expediting, site supervision and commissioning.
The role will require the management of multiple projects, volume determined by the mix of complexity, ensuring that work is executed to client satisfaction within the stated timescales, within the stated budgets in compliance with the contractual specifications and contract terms that are in place and in line with all current company procedures.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the project stakeholders, project team, communication, adherence to the project schedule, and resolution of project conflicts.
- Developing the project approach and producing the project plans.
- Providing accurate resource forecasts and early visibility of potential risks and delays, with implementation of mitigating measures.
- Measuring project performance and progress, coordinating, communicating and monitoring the structured schedule of work and activities against defined milestones, and deliverable items of the project.
- Reporting commercial project performance.
- Participation in appropriate training activities to encourage and support staff in their professional development as well as facilitate and document project kick off meetings to establish a full understanding of the contracted requirements by the project team.
You as the Project Manager will bring with you:
- Experience of Managing of multi-disciplined, integrated Projects along with proven ability to interpret specifications and contract requirements, delivering a fully compliant solution and execution plan.
- Proven ability to lead a projects design and delivery team.
- Experience in the leadership and implementation of HS&E requirements to company policy and current legislation.
- Proven ability to control project costs, manage change, identify and mitigate risk.
- Good organizational skills.
- Experience of working within operations teams with the ability to plan ahead and communicate well with the team, suppliers and customers.
- Project Management qualification/certification, preferable
- Good understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Competent in the use of Primavera P6 Planning tool.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
If you are successful in your application you will receive a new contract detailing the standard terms, conditions and benefits associated with this role. Please note that this may impact any existing entitlements to legacy terms.
Please note that it is Siemens policy for all employees to inform their line manager when formally applying for a new role within Siemens.
Job ID: 88361
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time