Signalling Project Manager
Signalling Project Manager Job profile and description
Siemens Mobility New Zealand has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager with experience in managing the delivery of railway signalling projects to join our small but diverse and growing team in Auckland, New Zealand.
Over the last nine years, Siemens has delivered the complete re-signalling of the Auckland metropolitan rail network and various other re-signalling projects around the country for KiwiRail. This included the first in-service implementation of ETCS in Australasia and other innovations such as modular signaling. Siemens has a strong pipeline of work and exciting opportunities in New Zealand and we are looking for a highly motivated individual to help deliver some of these projects.
Located in Auckland and reporting to business manager you will be responsible for delivering multi-disciplinary ‘design + construct’ projects, with support from our design offices in Australia, local sub-contractors in New Zealand and a small project delivery team in Auckland. The Siemens Mobility team is looking for an individual that is aligned with our company values: excellent, innovative and responsible. We are looking for somebody with the right customer-focused, problem solving, team-player attitude. This role offers a great opportunity for the right candidate to get exposure of some of the latest signalling technology, work with a co-operative and technically innovative customer and join a passionate and successful established small team of likeminded project delivery professionals.
Key responsibilities include:
- General project management for projects typically ranging from $0.5m - $10m NZD, often with responsibility for multiple small-medium projects running in parallel.
- Managing internal delivery teams based in Australia and New Zealand, as well as sub-contractors for installation and testing activities.
- Prioritise safety in everything you do, both for people working on our projects and the safety of the final engineered solution.
- Working with financial/commercial partner, with ultimate P&L responsibility for projects.
- Working proactively and constructively with our customers to maintain the existing very good relationship and help foster ongoing new orders.
- As part of a small team, be flexible to work at all levels of the project delivery process to get the job done.
- Attend customer meetings and build trusted relationships with key customer personnel.
- Adheres to relevant processes and regulations.
- Liaise and coordinate activities with various customers representatives
- Be self-motivated and organised in the prioritising and completion of tasks.
- Seek opportunities to expand our offerings for value added services
- Willingness to travel
- Improve customer satisfaction
It is desirable, but not essential, that the successful applicant will have a tertiary qualification in a related field and industry related experience. The applicant should also have experience in delivering railway signalling projects.
The following attributes are essential:
- Proven track record of on-time, on-budget delivery whilst maintaining the highest levels of safety
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be enthusiastic and friendly
- Willingness to become part of an established team, with a proven successful track record
- Quality and detail orientated
- Results driven
- 10+ years’ experience of working in the rail industry.
Job ID: 88620
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time