Process Automation Engineer
What are my responsibilities?
- Power Automation Engineering and details design submission of AC, DC Traction Power Supply (TPS) substations for Rail Electrification Systems.
- Interface clarification and technical integration of all electrical systems within the bulk substation, Traction substation and Service substation.
- Technical management, planning and controlling of one’s own engineering work packages.
- Support of sales departments and project management during both, the bid phase and the project execution phase.
- Technical support of the manufacturing and the commissioning engineers concerning analysis of technical problems and answering of technical inquiries.
- Participation in technical liaison meetings with customers, suppliers and Siemens’ internal departments overseas.
- Individual contribution to reach the team goals.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Electrical / Electronic Engineering with 3 or more years of experience, ideally in the field of power distribution, electrical control and protection system.
- Practical experience of the Power Automation environment in PLC (SIMATIC products and SPS programming would be
- advantageous) and HMI interfaces
- Good knowledge of the automation language IEC 61131-3 and the programming language C as well as object-oriented languages (C++, C#)
- Familiar with standard protocols (e.g. TCP/IP) and IEC standards in the wind turbine (IEC 61400-25) and substation environment (IEC61850)
- Knowledge of digital protection relays, PLC, PLC Siemens S7.
- Knowledge of measuring, control and supervisory systems.
- Knowledge of relevant European and International Standards.
- Knowledge of Engineering Processes.
- Experience in project realization, preferably in an international project environment.
- Good command of English.
Desirable skill sets (not mandatory)
- Experience in the railway sector, especially in the field of Power Automation in Rail Electrification Systems.
- Experience in design and planning of electrical substations.
- Experience in PLC/HMI Programming.
- Intercultural experience.
- Willingness to travel
Job ID: 88641
Organisation: Process Industries and Drives
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time