Commodity Manager_Real Estate Services
Our Siemens Mobility Supply Chain Management Team is looking to recruit a Commodity Manager. You will be responsible to support the Mobility Real Estate Management organisation in the UK with their demands. You will implement Procurement strategies and aiming to optimise project results, including availability of goods and services in quality, time, and budget. In addition, you will ensure that the obligatory Procurement processes and regulations are followed. Focus should be on construction projects as well as facility management services, predominately in the UK.
The location of this role is Chippenham, Poole, Northampton, Euston or Frimley.
What are my responsibilities?
- Ensure early involvement of Procurement in construction project management process and project teams
- Provide information about supply market, preferred suppliers and supplier innovation
- Establish proper sourcing processes, control all Procurement activities in the project
- Apply obligatory Procurement regulations and processes, ensure its compliance
- Analyse scope of supply, contractual obligations and exactly understand customer’s functional needs.
- Identify procurement risks, opportunities, potential changes, claims and market forces during the entire project together with Commodity Management
- Support project calculation with reliable and up-to-date cost
- Derive Procurement strategy for assigned projects in accordance with Division- and BU-wide Procurement strategies and ensure implementation
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Previous experience as a Procurement professional in the Construction Industry and/or related to Facility Management.
- The ability to communicate clearly with different stakeholders across the business and externally
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbally
- Proven international experience in collaboration and communication across team, departments and countries in a large organisation
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Business Administration
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 88664
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time