Telecommunications Commissioning Engineer - Siemens Mobility Egypt
The Telecommunications Commissioning Engineer is responsible for assuring Project Telecommunications Systems Startup &Commissioning are completed on time, within budget and as per the company quality requirements. Reporting to the Commissioning Manager, Telecommunications Commissioning Engineer will monitor testing progress, oversees solutions delivery, carry out safety checks and quickly sort out any problems which could hold the site testing works, mainly with subcontractor and partners. He will also keep close contact with the Installation Manager and liaise with technicians, planners and commissioning team, as well as all stakeholders (customer &consultants).
What are my responsibilities?
- Lead the Telecommunications Systems Testing and Commissioning stage with regard to working methodology, system construction at site and systems integration processes on current railway projects.
- Establishing the arrangements for testing and commissioning through the development and implementation of the testing and commissioning strategy and plans to ensure the handover of a fully integrated Telecommunications System, compliant with Employer Requirements
- Ensure compliance with Code of Ethics
- Adherence to deadlines, quality and cost-effectiveness
- Performance of functional tests and commissioning activities as well as reporting &documentation
- Involvement in the definition and implementation of productivity measures, adherence to standard processes and subcontractor and partner coordination
- To work in cooperation and coordination with Telecommunications System &sub-Project Manager
- Understand the system/asset design from "end to end" to support the integrated testing and commissioning plans
- Provide input into the engineering to ensure all necessary testing and commissioning requirements are incorporated
- Maintain an overview of the technical assurance requirements (testing certification) and production of assurance deliverables to ensure supplier compliance with Project Testing and Commissioning strategy, plans and procedures.
- Implement a reporting system including dashboards, metrics, and updates Commissioning Manager
- It is your responsibility to comply with standards, regulations, quality guidelines and safety regulations
- It is your responsibility to make sure the subcontractor and partner also comply to the above
- Provides input to technical lead on schedules and cost estimates for the system related work.
Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities:
- Accept a personal responsibility to take reasonable care for the health and safety of subordinates themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that could have an environmental impact
- Ensure compliance with the EHS procedures relative to the position
- Follow emergency procedures
- Wear approved protective clothing and using safety equipment when required by health and safety regulations.
- Use all equipment provided safely and notifying local management of any observed deficiencies or defects as soon as they become apparent
- Inform management or instruct/advise of any changes in materials, plant or processes and of any new material or process which become apparent in the course of work that may impact on safety or the environment
- Immediately inform, instruct and/or advise of any observed hazards, injuries or dangerous occurrences, which become apparent during work
- Stop work when instructed to do so and only resume or commence work when instructed it is safe to do so
- Report all safety and environmental incidents and accidents
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification from reputable University or college
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in leading and integrating Telecommunication Systems Testing &Commissioning (Railway business experience will be a plus)
- Solid work experience with public governmental sectors.
- Proven track record to “get-things-done” reliably, efficiently, under time pressure in a hostile environment.
- Good knowledge of subcontractor and partnership management
- Experience in complex contracts with several stakeholders.
- Proven leadership skills within line organizations.
- Excellent computer skills, capability to express complex matters in clear and understandable language
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work within a matrix organization
- Decision-making ability.
- Knowledge of front-end activities including: Best Practices/Lessons Learned, Risk Analysis/Contingency Evaluation
- Good communication skills, effective as a team leader, decisive and persuasive, good in dealing with conflict situations, and well accepted by costumer as site testing responsible representative.
- Fluent English in reading and writing, translation of technical documentation and correspondences.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 88775
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time