NTAR Training and Development Specialist
Siemens Rolling Stock have an exciting opportunity for a rolling stock technician or an existing technical trainer with a passion for developing people to join the NTAR Team on a Full Time basis. As a site independent worker (home based) you will be responsible for conducting individual and group technical training courses, safety critical and technical assessments for employees within Siemens Rolling Stock and externally. You will monitor the effectiveness of course material/s, review feedback and modify/revise course material as instructed. Develop new training material to suit the customer needs and maintain your own personal development. We are currently recruiting for a NTAR Learning and Development Specialist to be based locally to Northampton
What are my responsibilities?
- Delivery of the defined training courses as agreed with the Training Manager and the business.
- Review course content when significant changes to fleet or train subsystems require amendments.
- Development of courses on business request for new fleet mobilisation or to expand current trainer portfolio. Agree course content with the Training Manager and ensure all courses are approved in line with the departmental process.
- Carry out Technical Assessments as required by the business.
- Use feedback from candidates and customers to review and develop course content when appropriate.
- Using knowledge and understanding of diversity and its impact to develop materials and organise training accordingly.
- Maintain personal competence to ensure the delivery of training is at the best practice standard and utilising current training techniques.
- Responsible for developing required safety critical, technical and operations assessments.
- Carry out required safety critical, technical and operational assessments as defined by the relevant Competency Management System and the Rolling Stock Grading Policy.
- Fully participate and engage in our behavioural safety agenda to ensure we work safely
- Deliver level NVQ level 3 and 4 rolling stock trailblazer
- Carryout NVQ assessments
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Technical knowledge of vehicle engineering maintenance procedures/practices
- Engineering qualification or experience
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong organisation/planning skills.
- Experience in delivering or being exposed to Personal Track Safety
- Trainer and assessor qualifications (NVQ Level 4) and A1 however development of these competences will be available
- Rolling Stock technical knowledge or other transport systems
- Excellent knowledge of systems and software
- Good understanding of diversity and its impact on training
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UK’s major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last year’s revenues were £3.36 billion. Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long-term growth fields of Siemens. In order to take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are bundled into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
If you are successful in your application you will receive a new contract detailing the standard terms, conditions and benefits associated with this role. Please note that this may impact any existing entitlements to legacy terms.
Please note that it is Siemens policy for all employees to inform their line manager when formally applying for a new role within Siemens.
Job ID: 88881
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time