Remote Support Analyst
MRX Technologies is a Derby-based engineering company with headquarters in Perth, Western Australia, which has been operating within the railway industry since 1996. We develop, design and build condition monitoring systems for rolling stock and rail infrastructure. With our years of experience and in-depth knowledge of the rail industry, we have applied our engineering expertise to developing a range of innovative and technologically advanced rail solutions, including client-specific consultancy services. Siemens acquired the MRX Technologies Group in summer 2017 and is further expanding its offering in the field of predictive maintenance based on digitalization.
Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for a Remote Support Analyst for our MRX offices in Derby. The Remote Support Analyst will monitor, assess, fault find and report on the in-service performance of MRX products. With a high focus on customer service, we monitor, evaluate and report on in-service software and hardware performance to enable us to continue to deliver excellent customer satisfaction; established through high quality, robust system performance and responsive aftersales reaction to issues or queries.
What are my responsibilities?
- Log all customer interaction ensuring MRX responses and issue close-out are prompt.
- Monitor, fault find and analyses issues on live systems
- Provide routine reports on system performance, proactively identifying issues before they impact the customer
- Perform data analysis and develop analysis/test tools to support general activities
- Assist with the development and maintenance of software and hardware documentation
- Recommend modifications where required
- Consider the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints
- Ensure Aftersales activities are carried out in full compliance with the QMS and project/business budget and timescales.
- When necessary, participate in the improvement programmes to ensure the MRX business and products are delivered and perform to the required quality. Health, Safety & Environment
- MRX has zero tolerance for unsafe ways of working and as an employee at MRX
- Adhere to MRX safety systems and controls in line with HSQE Company policies.
- Take responsibility for raising issues of concern.
- Fully participate and engage in our behavioural safety agenda to ensure we work safely.
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact.
- Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and others affected by our own acts or omissions
What Qualification and Experience do I need?
- Experience using C/C++ or C# Systematic approach to problem solving.
- Experience using software scripting languages such as Python for data manipulation
- Knowledge in the development of software/hardware for industrial applications.
- Degree, further education or work experience in Electronics, Software, Computer Science, Physics or Maths.
- Experience in working with data from analogue and digital electronic circuits and systems
- Experience in image processing applications
- Category B Driver’s License in accordance with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
If you are successful in your application you will receive a new contract detailing the standard terms, conditions and benefits associated with this role. Please note that this may impact any existing entitlements to legacy terms.
Please note that it is Siemens policy for all employees to inform their line manager when formally applying for a new role within Siemens.
Job ID: 88934
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time