Performance Controlling Professional
From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
Opportunity has arisen for a Performance Controlling Professional for our Controlling team in our Melbourne offices. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within one of the core business areas of Siemens Mobility. This position will contribute to a team environment with a culture of high performance. The incumbent will be involved in forecast and budgeting activities, complete, actual-versus-plan-analysis, prepare and develop management reporting packages for finance and business operation related KPIs. Support of the Executive Management with standard and ad-hoc analyses as well as bench-marking activities or to share best practises are part of the role.
The Performance Controller also provides professional service and expertise in a broad, overarching area of financial matters and project management reporting area. The successful candidate ideally is interested in new ways of business analytics and data visualisation methods and tools.
· Consolidate budgets, including top-down and bottom-up plans, and proceeds with revolving midterm planning’s, and periodic forecasts during the year.
· Supports accountable management and CPMs in planning and calculating yearly budgets.
· Monitors financial performance, performs actual-versus-plan comparisons, and pursues effects of agreed measures.
· Performs KPI analysis regarding project management, trends, and business performance, and designs and maintains regular reports to management. Analyses and evaluates cost structures and builds, maintains and improves respective cost accounting system e.g. ANZ management report.
· Provides regular business reports, with respect to overall performance (e.g. Dashboards for MO Management), and recommends actions to accountable management
· May perform and complete also projects re developing controlling standards and processes, as well as re project reporting (e.g. PM, Cash Flow, NCC, etc.)
· Carries out ad-hoc analyses and data consolidation of various kind as required.
· Works closely with extended finance community and continuously enhance and improve reporting process and standard reports to achieve highest data quality and meet any given deadline (contribute to the (further) development of concepts and standards)
· Assist BMO in project related reporting and analysis
· Engages in the digital transformation of the organisation and embraces change to improve on business analytics and data visualisation
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar position in Financial Reporting & Analysis, Budget Planning and Ad-hoc Analysis ideally in a Multinational Corporate Controlling environment
- Highly developed analytical skills and detail-oriented work style, Ability to gather, structure, consolidate and analyse large amounts of financial information and develop an overarching divisional view, also in graphical format, that describes the key message for Management’s use
- Demonstrably creative; comes up with new ideas; easily makes connections among notions; ability to define, refine and implement processes
- Self-motivated; can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; consistently pushes self and others for results
· Strong interpersonal, collaboration and team building skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries, ability to manage up, down
· Advanced working knowledge of SAP (FI/CO) and related reporting tools
· Highly proficient in MS office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access), Thinkcell and knowledge in data analytics and visualisation
In return for your commitment to Siemens, you will be rewarded with a challenging and stimulating work environment, as well as a very attractive remuneration package including performance based incentive payments.
Job ID: 89004
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time