Siemens founded its IoT Services Unit on April 1st 2019, to provide end-to-end support to customers on their unique digital journey along the IoT value chain.
Siemens leveraged the existing expertise of a global network of more than 7,000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices to create a global IoT practice that offers services from consulting to design & prototyping to solutions & implementation and operation.
With these new combined forces, we aim to create a tangible impact on society by bringing state-of-the-art IoT use cases to life.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow’s smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.
As Project Manager in the IoT unit you will be responsible for the overall project performance selecting appropriate management and tracking methods to steer and motivate your
What you'll need: Qualifications and competencies
• 8+ years experience in Manufacturing, Cities, Utilities, E-centers, or Logistics sector.
• 5+ years experience in project manage. Prefer in Manufacturing, Cities, Utilities, E-centers,
or Logistics sector.
• Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science or other relevant field.
Have PMP certification.
• Demonstrable track record of IT / IoT delivery, coaching cross-functional project teams in a
complex and changing environment
• Understanding of business strategy and emerging technology
• Profound industry know-how, i.e., on Manufacturing, Energy, Cities or Logistics
• Demonstrated team leadership in a similar role where the agility of development and scrum
methods are key to the team’s success
• Strong influencer and negotiations skills and the ability to drive decision making across
multiple stakeholders at all levels
• Ability to communicate with cross-functional teams to collect requirements, describe and
clarify strategy, specify solution features and refine technical designs
• Proven team work / leadership skills as well as excellent analytical and conceptual skills
including an entrepreneurial mindset
• Fluent German and English skills in both written and spoken language
• Ideally, experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks
• Manage the project for time, quality, cost, customer satisfaction and measure the
performance using appropriate tools and maintain comprehensive project documentation
minimize project risks. Optimize the process for project management and standardize the
process and rules in IoT.
• Coordinate internal and partner resources for project staffing with suitable skillset and
seniority levels across competence pools.
• Prepare the IoT solutions to internal colleague and external customers through
presentations, workshops in responsible sectors. Craft compelling and holistic solution
vision, user stories, acceptance criteria and SOW.
• Translate business strategy, roadmap and feature delivery into solution definition that can
be communicated to engineering and QA.
• Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring
• Select and manage appropriate project management approaches (Agile and/or Waterfall).
Develop a detailed project plan to track progress and use appropriate verification
techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
• Manage clients’ expectation, engage them in decisions / processes and enable co-creation
of solution. Assume responsibility for overall project performance
• Support personal development of all team members considering their personal interests
and recommend training / mentoring plans
• Adjust the scope of work according to the needs of the company.
Job ID: 89045
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time