The Siemens Mobility UK Legal team supports all the businesses of Siemens Mobility, which comprise Rolling Stock, Rail Automation, Rail Electrification and Intelligent Traffic Systems. We are 7 lawyers and are based mainly in London Euston, but also in Poole.
We are looking for a lawyer to join the team in Poole supporting the Intelligent Traffic Systems business. The successful candidate will have specific responsibility for advising the Intelligent Traffic Systems business but will also have the opportunity to support other business units from time to time. As the ideal candidate, you will have a strong background in commercial contracts. The role is based in Poole but from time to time you will also travel to other business locations including Euston.
· Review and comment on supply and maintenance agreements, standard terms and conditions and other commercial agreements.
· Work alongside senior business colleagues as a key member of project and deal teams with a particular emphasis on ensuring compliance with law and mitigation of legal and other risks.
· Responsibility for the legal aspects of the internal approval processes and written submissions to senior management on legal risks.
· Preparation of precedents and provision of training to the business.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· English qualified lawyer with excellent academic record or qualified lawyer in another jurisdiction with demonstrable experience in advising on English law topics
· Post qualification experience gained in either private practice with a well-respected law firm or in-house at a bank or blue-chip corporate
· Clear understanding of commercial context
· Strong analytical and intercultural skills
· A desire to work in a fast-paced transaction driven business
· A flexible, proactive attitude and a proven ability to multi-task
· A highly motivated team player with a professional attitude
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to deal confidently and build strong relationships with senior business colleagues as well as with non-legal colleagues and the international Siemens Legal community
· Willingness to develop an in-depth understanding of the businesses undertaken by Siemens Mobility Limited and the key drivers of all stakeholders.
· Fluent English
· Experience of construction industry standard terms and conditions would be an advantage, but is not essential.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 89182
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time