Electrical Design & Integration Engineer
Electrical Design and Integration Engineer
Siemens Rolling Stock currently have a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Design and integration Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. To provide electrical and train control engineering leadership in the conceptualization, bidding, planning and execution of rolling stock projects, in particular modifications and upgrades, either in support of customer enquiries or in the promotion of Siemens products and solutions. Additionally, to ensure that such activities maximize customer benefits, added value and economies of scale by devising platform concepts which offer both innovation and flexibility/adaptability to match customer needs.
What are my responsibilities?
- In conjunction with Sales colleagues, undertake formal Customer liaison to capture engineering project requirements, including modifications and upgrades, as a result of either specific enquiries or pro-active product improvement opportunities.
- In response to defined customer needs or promotion of product developments, formalize engineering requirements through production of Technical Concepts, supporting specifications, bills of materials and validation plans where necessary, including technical liaison with specialist engineers and third party suppliers.
- Full Evaluation of project internal engineering costs, including estimation of resource and specialist engineering support, plus specification of external services on behalf of Procurement colleagues.
- Ensure engineering is specified and delivered to relevant legislative, industry and company standards, including those relevant to both design and validation/acceptance requirements.
- Support the bid and project management processes by providing engineering inputs such as risk evaluation and timescales
- Oversee ‘first in class’ or ‘first article’ project execution to ensure final design quality & compliance. Hand over to maintenance and technical support in preparation for project closure.
What experience do I need to apply for the role?
- Proven experience and aptitude in electrical design principles
- Effective organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates the ability to analyse information effectively
- Excellent attention to detail.
- German language skills beneficial.
- Knowledge of the UK or European rail industry useful, but not essential.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 89185
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time