Graduate Design Engineer
Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?.....So do we.
We think our graduate programme is the best option after university for those with an eye for engineering. Especially as you’ll gain skills and the reputation that comes with working for a prestigious engineering brand like Siemens.
This is a rare opportunity to earn money while showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and ingenious inventions.
Siemens Rail Electrification is a specialist in Rail Electrification projects working with Network Rail/London Underground throughout the UK. Rail Electrification provides a combination of Engineering Skill and Project Management experience to deliver complex solutions which are installed throughout the UK.
We are recruiting for graduate design engineers to join the Rail Electrification division based in York.
- Undertake all design calculations (from first principles) for assigned projects within the Rail Electrification portfolio.
- Undertake site surveys and produce site reports.
- Responsible for ensuring that all works are carried out safely.
- To support all senior design team members (Project Engineers, Senior Design Engineers, Contractors Responsible Engineers, Contractors Engineering Manager and the Design Manager), as required, to ensure we deliver an integrated solution for the customer.
- To positively influence design and construction safety performance and aims for zero accidents (Siemens Zero Harm policy).
- To maintain effective communications with all project participants (client, stakeholders, suppliers etc) to ensure successful contract delivery.
- To produce fully compliant suitable outline and detailed designs to meet the requirements of the contract.
- Strong academic background in power distribution engineering
- Drive and self-motivation to achieve chartered status
- Communicate effectively to all levels of the business
- AutoCAD / Bentley MicroStation drafting experience.
- Substation design experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Visio).
- Become a future maker, take ownership and use your initiative
Job ID: 89202
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time