Sales Professional - Building Performance & Sustainability
Sales Professional - Building Performance & Sustainability
Join our Building Performance & Sustainability team as a Sales Professional! Where you will be responsible for leading, driving and closing sales to achieve personal and business targets. Identifying and developing new business opportunities for energy, operational and maintenance efficiency (ESCO) projects. Achieving targeted sales volume growth for Siemens Building Technologies. Establishing and maintaining strong relationships at executive level within a customer’s organisation including CxO level.
Change the future with us.
Reporting to the Head of BT UK Sales and Head of BPS (Building Performance & Sustainability) UK, the scope of your role will include:
- Identify, develop and win new opportunities and successfully close existing ones in the UK ESCO/Energy Performance Contracting market
- Create appropriate customer development plans including the organisational structure, key stake holders, visible opportunities, approved budgets and strategic objectives. Manage positively all stakeholders, positioning Siemens through a corresponding buying and influence matrix
- Sell and establish credibility at an executive level within the defined accounts and / or opportunities
- Understand energy and sustainability market trends and regulations in conjunction with customer operations, challenges and pain points
- Define and develop processes, solutions and insights to overcome customer challenges, positioning Siemens as the supplier of choice, increasing the overall win rate
- Fully understand the portfolio and effectively use available sales tools and processes to articulate Siemens’ added value
- Fully manage specific opportunities through a rigorous and disciplined use of the Siemens’ Customer Relationship Management tool maintaining customer records, logging opportunities and systematically following the Siemens Building Technologies/BPS sales processes
- Establish the customer supply chain and strengthen the winning position through the Siemens partner network, including global relationships
- Link any local opportunities to the global Siemens network to maximise the potential for cross-border business, leveraging the value both domestically and internationally
What you need to make real what matters.
As the Sales Professional you will be accountable for winning £2-3 million of energy service contracts per annum (supply side and demand side). Part of this will require managing and developing 5-10 customer accounts at a CxO, executive, senior and middle management level, supporting and collaborating within the overall Building Technologies & Distributed Energy Systems sales teams and ensuring the development of 1-2 new value adding executive propositions per annum.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds!
We want our Sales Professionals to be leaders and creative; to identify new business opportunities for energy, operational and maintenance efficiency projects and to be driven to close sales by achieving personal and business targets.
What we are looking for is:
- Proven record of sales success over a sustainable period
- Significant personal sales closing and business management experience in the energy services market
- Demonstrable record of developing and maintaining customer relationships at all levels, including CxO level
- Close understanding of target markets and the associated business drivers
- Understand and differentiate the activities that have a positive effect on energy, operational and maintenance efficiency
- Good understanding of the technical infrastructure of buildings, industrial manufacturing processes and technologies
- Understanding Energy Performance Contracts
- Have a good appreciation of ventilation, heating, cooling, lighting, heat recovery etc.
- Broad knowledge of Building automation, preferably industrial automation technology
- Self-starter, goal driven with a strong desire to succeed and a hunger for closing sales
- Disciplined, well organised and structured with a proven and demonstrable ability to prioritise and manage own time effectively to achieve targets
- Strong communication and leadership skills, able to motivate teams through a winning can-do attitude, articulating the strategies for success
- Effective team player with good interpersonal skills, recognising and respecting the value of all members to achieve results
- Good analytical skills to effectively understand the customer’s world and target value adding activities to maximum effect
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK and Ireland, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 89414
Organisation: Building Technologies
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time