Job title: EHS Internship
Start Date: July 2019
Duration: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Here at Siemens we build a better world using greener energy, approaches for sustainability and innovation – We need ambitious individuals to explore the varied and exciting areas of our business.
We’re looking for the Environmental Professionals of tomorrow. The bright and level-headed undergraduates, with a highly motivated ‘can do’ attitude to help to make a difference to our working environment?
Embark on a journey to join the diverse and practical world of the EHS Team. Manchester is the base for the Siemens Energy Management Division and has a diverse range of business in the Energy Transmission and Distribution sectors including design, installation, manufacturing, service and maintenance both onshore and offshore.
We are looking for candidates with a passion for the Environment, the ability to think on your feet, juggle multiple projects and still ensure attention to detail:
- You’ll get to work on diverse and industry relevant projects to build your environmental and sustainability skills, knowledge and experience.
- Support the Energy Management Division and Siemens UKs, EHS Environmental / Sustainability development and improvement projects, so it’s essential that you feel confident working as part of a team.
- You’ll receive ongoing training and support from the EHS Management team and other EHS experts.
What are my responsibilities?
- Create and deliver energy / sustainability / risk related projects and plans within activity timelines.
- Compare industry best practice for sustainability, risk and governance and make recommendations for improvement.
- Review and make recommendations for improvement in the Divisions EHS management systems and arrangements for the management of risk and governance.
- Investigate and propose methodologies for the development of a circular economy concept sustainable construction and its interface with eco product design.
- Build on the Divisions Energy Management System (ISO50001) making recommendation for improvement and identify energy related risks and opportunities.
- Further develop methods and data collection requirements for energy efficiency and carbon reduction.
- Challenge, question and suggest process improvements
Education and Skills.
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds-
- Working towards an Environmental Sciences/ Sustainability / Safety and Risk Degree
- A highly motivated person with a ‘can do’ attitude who is results orientated and has a positive approach to work.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Good Communication and presentation skills.
- Good IT skills – Microsoft office and social media platforms
Whilst the role is based in Manchester, the internship could take you to various locations in the UK, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with inspirational teams impacting on the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 352,000 great minds building the future, one day at a time. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow. #wearefuturemakers
Job ID: 89419
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time