Electrical/Power Systems Engineering Internship (12 months)
Here at Siemens Power Technologies International we provide thought leadership to the power industry on all energy related advisory services by supporting our customers to develop the required energy strategy, power system studies, smart grid concepts, community energy schemes, e-mobility (EV charging and V2G) and expertise required to build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and ingenious inventions. We need innovative and ambitious individuals to explore the varied, exciting areas of our business.
How do you shape the future through energy and digital transformations? We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow. The bright and level-headed undergraduates and post graduates with a highly motivated ‘can do’ attitude to help to make a difference in the world.
Embark on a journey to join the fast pace world of the energy transition thought leadership Team in Manchester. Siemens Power Technologies International (Siemens PTI) offers a holistic approach to mastering the technical and economical challenges of today’s and future energy systems. Drawing upon more than 60 years of experience and continuous innovations in power system planning, Siemens PTI is a strong partner to develop individual, innovative solutions which create sustainable value for our customers and turn change into opportunities.
We are looking for candidates with a passion for energy business advisory, power system economics, power system studies, energy transition, digitalisation, the ability to think on your feet and still ensure attention to detail. As an Electrical or power system Engineer, working with experienced engineers you will be responsible for undertaking some of the following tasks on various projects :-
· Power system analysis
· Power system economics studies, techno-economic analysis and business case development
· Transmission master planning and interconnection studies
· Harmonic mitigation and power factor correction analysis and design
· Energy Efficiency and low carbon technologies design and development
· Distributed Energy & Smart Grid solutions
· E-mobility solutions in particular EV charging and V2G solutions
· Community energy schemes design and development
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds-
- Familiarisation with the innovation in energy and technology landscape
- A highly motivated person with a ‘can do’ attitude who is results orientated and has a positive approach to work
- Has a proactive attitude towards leading initiatives, driving improvement and change management.
- Confident in communicating at all levels.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and leadership skills
Minimum Educational Requirements
· Working towards Phd or Masters in electrical or power systems engineering
· Manchester or Frimley
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 370,000 great minds building the future, one day at a time. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 89430
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time