Siemens Rolling Stock are looking for a Technical Engineer to join their team in Manchester. You will provide technical engineering capability at the local depot level, generating solutions for identified technical issues and customer variation enquiries. Provide up to date maintenance instructions by responding to technical documentation enquiries and provide technical guidance to the depot production teams. Undertake mentoring and coaching Technicians.
What are my responsibilities?
- Complete engineering issues and tasks allocated through the Technical Issues database. Support discussions with suppliers as required to exchange technical failure information and potential solutions
- Develop and document solutions to address and improve safety, reliability and availability
- Develop solutions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of maintenance via review and update of Vehicle Maintenance Instructions (VMIs) and Procedures (VMPs)
- Develop cost effective solutions in line with relevant national and railway industry safety standards
- Support the production of change control documentation for trials and modifications to implement solutions and eradicate technical problems identified
- Liaise with production to feedback and cascade knowledge to the production teams
- Liaise with the training department to develop training material and deliver training where applicable
- Assist other team members with the development of technical skills through coaching.
What are my responsibilities?
- ONC / HNC qualification in electrical or mechanical engineering experience in a railway / rolling stock environment
- Knowledge of railway maintenance techniques and procedures.
- Demonstrate railway systems knowledge including reading mechanical and electrical drawings, systematic fault finding and problem identification.
- Ability to analyse train borne event and fault diagnostic systems
- Excellent communication skills written and oral
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
The closing date for applications is 31st January.
Job ID: 89717
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time