Product Manager, Smart Building Products 80-100%
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Division Building Technologies with its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, is a global market leader in the field of safe, energy-efficient and eco-friendly buildings and infrastructure. Together with around 30,000 employees worldwide, we are helping to create a better future. We offer a unique combination of business areas: as a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, we offer solutions and services relating to personal safety, building security and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, as well as energy management. Visit www.siemens.ch/jobs/bt for an insight into our organization, our products and services, the challenges we face, our vacancies and the opportunities open to you to start, change or advance your career at our Building Technologies Division.
Our Digital Buildings Product Management Team within Building Technologies is looking for a Product Manager who drives new SaaS initiatives from initial concept through to successful launch and market adoption. This role will drive the future of the defined software solutions in our Software and Services portfolio, to promote and extend our market leadership, and also be responsible for getting actionable building data into the hands of building users and help them to improve the building performance, so that the people and the environment around them can thrive. We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative colleague who is passionate about running multiple projects in parallel and leading product discovery with customers to define future innovative features.
Your new responsibilities
- Own the product strategy and vision for software solutions targeted at specific vertical markets such as data centers, life science, airports etc.
- Work with all stakeholders involved to elicit requirements and present the context and benefits of future roadmap items to management and customers
- Be the voice of the customer and end users and build meaningful personal customer relationships. Involve the customer in the creation process by means of a continuous co-creation/design thinking approach
- Manage the requirements, features specifications, product backlog and release plans as well as driving development in the role of Product Manager with SAFe Agile Framework
- Strive for the best customer experience possible. Work closely with UX to develop, test and deliver assets to engineering. Work closely with the R&D team to provide a world-class product driven by customers, prospects, advisory teams and internal domain experts. Manage the end-to-end feature delivery cycle
- Define what success means for each feature and each function before it goes to development. Establish ways to constantly define, measure and monitor success
- Collaborate across teams. Product managers play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders – a collaborative attitude is therefore essential to the job
- Coordinate product release communications. Work closely with cross-functional teams, e.g. marketing, legal and communications, to promote solutions both internally and externally and to ensure a cohesive message
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or related field. Combination of computer science and business degree highly desired
- 5+ years of experience in related product management positions with increasing levels of responsibility
- Familiarity with at least one of the vertical markets: data centers, life science, higher education, offices, retail, airports etc. in terms of the market, competitors, building the data-driven offerings available for these types of buildings, and trends
- Proven track record in gathering and transforming product requirements into an actionable product brought to market
- Experience with Cloud and Web technologies. SaaS experience is an advantage
- Proven experience in the agile software development process
- Ability to work and build trust with internal and external stakeholders to drive successful product releases as well as the ability to explain complex topics to non-experts
- Excellent written and communication skills in English. German would be a plus
Good reasons to work at Siemens
We offer a huge number of national and international opportunities for development and a motivating, friendly working culture with good work-life balance thanks to flexible working models such as home-office and mobile working, generous holiday policies, paternity leave and sabbaticals, our women's network, a varied range of sports and a number of leisure clubs, as well as extensive benefits for junior and senior employees, mothers, fathers, single parents and those re-entering the workforce. Discover more reasons to join us at siemens.ch/jobs/why.
We look forward to receiving your online application including CV and letter of motivation with an indication of your availability. Please upload references and certificates in a second step after creating an account. If you have any questions about this position, please contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we only accept applications via our job portal siemens.ch/jobs
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Job ID: 89862
Organisation: Building Technologies
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either