An exciting opportunity is available for a motivated Project Commercial Professional to join our Energy Management Solutions team based in Macquarie Park, Sydney. The primary responsibility will be for the completion of all commercial/financial related tasks to contribute to project success within the Energy Management Division.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Ensures the compliance with the LoA guidelines for all commercial aspects.
• Ensures the accuracy of project books and records, including recording of such in the appropriate systems, e.g. SAP - ensures compliance with Siemens-FRG plus the local Gaap requirements. Ensures all related Project Reporting and Controlling activities.
• Supports the Project Manager that the financial results according to set targets are managed with due professional care and optimizes the project gross profit, cash flow and assets and financing instruments.
• Actively communicates with customer's and subcontractors commercial representatives and manages the resolution of commercial issues.
• End to end contract management from negation of T&C’s through to project delivery.
• Together with the PM proactively setting up a contract and claim management in the project, including involvement and cooperation with the assigned contract manager.
• Supports the PM in identifying, evaluating and assessing risk and opportunities, strategies and response activities taking over the full responsibility in this regard with respect to all commercial risks and opportunities.
• Supports Project Manager to select and involve partners / subcontractors.
• Represents the project in the relevant decision boards internally and externally.
• Agrees targets with commercial project staff and delegates defined responsibilities and authority.
• Leads commercial project team members to act according to the Business Conduct Guidelines and establishes a culture of trust and integrity.
As a commercial team member in the Energy Management, depending on your area of interest, you will have possibilities to extend your understanding of reporting, accounting and controlling and will have an opportunity to contribute to process improvements within the team and division.
The successful candidate will be degree qualified in Business, Commerce, Accounting or Economics, with sound understanding of Project Management methodology. Demonstrated experience in a project based organisation is essential for this role, as well as capabilities in project accounting. Your strong leadership and communication skills, ability to build sound working relationships paired with your T&C knowledge, strong SAP and Excel skills will ensure your success in this role. We trust that you will contribute to improvements in processes and working practices while always keeping in mind the target of making our customers’ lives easier.
In return for your commitment to Energy Management, you will be rewarded with a challenging and stimulating work environment, as well as a very attractive remuneration package including performance based incentive payments.
As the world’s only integrated technology company spanning the entire energy conversion chain, Siemens Energy Management works across all business and technology interfaces with an integrated portfolio of products, solutions and services. Our breadth of offerings from power generation, transmission and distribution, along with our proven expertise, allows us to provide end-to-end energy solutions to meet the growing needs of the local market.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Job ID: 90278
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time