System Engineer - Mechanical Calculation (Locomotive)
Location: Gurgaon, India
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Engineering
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Perform strength and vibration calculations for components and assembly groups found on our locomotives with a proven understanding of finite element analysis.
- Make durability studies to ensure the performance of the components over the complete lifetime.
- Generate calculation reports and take the full responsibility for the results created.
- Strong collaboration with colleagues from design and validation/test to improve the product stability.
- Good knowledge of material standards and calculation norms used in the railway industry.
- Firm understanding of definition and findings of load parameters and boundary conditions needed for the calculations.
- Validating and correlating results from the finite element analysis with simplified hand calculations.
- Facilitate execution through coordination across multiple functions including engineering, business controlling, supply management, manufacturing and other interfaces as required.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- We are looking for candidates having masters or graduate in mechanical engineering from a reputed institute with a minimum working experience of 6 to 8 years.
- The prospective candidate should have proven knowledge on calculation and development of mechanical components in rolling stock products for Indian Railways.
- Candidates having knowledge working with NX Nastran will be preferred.
- Knowledge on IEC and EN standards used in the railway industries is mandatory.
- Business fluent in English as well as intercultural experience.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 90309
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time