Siemens Healthcare Sdn Bhd (SHSB) is hiring Logistic Specialist- Transportation / Freight. He/she is responsible in supporting the Project Logistics Management (PLM) conduct and coordinates logistics activities in projects, in order to contribute to the success of the project by accurate and on schedule customer supply.
What are my responsibilities ?
- Maintains, updates and communicates relevant information (regarding master data, delivery schedules, stock-and-order status and contract information) from suppliers, procurement, and logistic service providers
- Analyses operational logistics status, informs involved stakeholders adequately - and derives and implements alternative measures to adopt to changing situations
- Completes and communicates deficiency and status reports regarding material and product availability for Project Logistics Management (PLM)
- Documents and processes complaints or transport damages, in cooperation with other accountable stakeholders (PLM, Purchase , Insurance , Controlling , Quality, Engineering), and proposes and implements remedial measures with transport service providers
- Coordinates return of logistic infrastructure and on-site equipment used, in support of Project Logistic Management, and steers respective logistics operations with service providers.
- Supports PLM in development, calculation and implementation of logistic contingency measures
- Supports PLM in concluding of project evaluation and advancement of the project - specific process of customers supply
- May support PLM in tender preparation as well as supplier evaluation
What do I need to qualify for the job ?
- Diploma in Logistics / Supply Chain or Business Administration )or any other disciplines will be considered)
- Experience in SAP will be an added advantage
- MS Office Excel is a MUST
- At least 2- 3 years f logistic related working experience e.g. import and export, warehousing and transportation
- Experience with Custom Clearance for both Air & Ocean Cargo
- Familiar with handling Air & Ocean Shipments
- Ability to work closely with freight forwarders
- Experience with planning and reporting of logistic costing for land , air and ocean activities
- Able to work independently, be analytical and result oriented
What else do you need to know?
With 47,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
Job ID: 90323
Organisation: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time