Advanced Software Development Engineer (m/f) for Additive Manufacturing in Simcenter 3D Durability - SISW
SISW is looking for an experienced developer in the Durability development group.
The main aspect of the job is to implement new methodologies inside the Simcenter 3D Durability solver which are being developed in the research team in Leuven (Belgium). Main topic will be developing Durability solutions for Additive manufactured materials and components.
You will closely work together on one hand with the central 3D Simulation research team in Leuven and on the other hand with the Durability development team in Kaiserslautern to create innovative solutions. For this you will need to have a good understanding of the research area as well as the capabilities the Simcenter 3D Durability solver offers to know how possible solutions can be integrated into the solver or how the solver would need to be enhanced to support new requirements. Your job will be to implement the envisioned solution inside the Durability solver. Here you will use the open architecture of our Durability solver to realize the new solutions. You will first implement these solutions to be used inside the research projects; the final goal is to add these solutions to the Simcenter 3D Durability solver product.
• MSc or PhD degree in Applied Mathematics or Engineering (Mechanical Engineering, Material Science or Additive Manufacturing) or equivalent by academic or industrial experience
• Good knowledge and preferably practical experience in Durability topics
• Good experience in mathematical modeling in engineering topics and stochastic methods
• Programming experience, preferably in C++ and in larger projects
• Good understanding of Mechanical Engineering topics
• Basic knowledge in Additive Manufacturing
• Practical experience with Finite Element modelling tools is a plus
• Good problem solving skills
• Good communication skills
• Fluent in English is a must (speaking, writing and reading)
• Knowledge in German is a plus
• Driving license would be helpful
What more do I need to know?
Siemens PLM Software is a leading global provider of PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) soft-ware. Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software allows companies to manage the entire lifecycle of a product efficiently and cost-effectively, from ideation, design and manufacture, through service and disposal. Computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), computer-aided engineering (CAE), product data management (PDM) and digital manufacturing converge through PLM.
PLM is unique from other enterprise software solutions because it drives top-line revenue from repeatable processes. By providing the application depth and breadth needed to digitally author, validate and manage the detailed product and process data, PLM supports continuous innovation.
At Siemens PLM we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally recognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally – including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Job ID: 90429
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time